Diet soda..

Options
2»

Replies

• TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention.....my face.

I'm someone who is very, very prone to breakouts. I have no one particular trigger, but overall, particularly since I stopped drinking sodas, my face has cleared up drastically.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    If looking for a "more full" feeling - choose a fiber option like a fiber one bar. It is better for you than a soda :wink:
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    I used to drink 2 - 3 cans of Diet Mt. Dew before noon EVERY day. and more on the weekends.

I should also add that I do drink a cup of coffee every morning now to still get the caffeine
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Also -- don't take ANYONE'S word for it in a public forum. Do your homework outside of here, using legitimate peer-reviewed sources.
  • barwood
    barwood Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to bust your bubble. But diet drinks and sugar free foods have aspertane in them and aspertane is bad stuff.Your can google sweet poison and you will find aspertane it causes all kinds of health problems.I got an email a while back that was about a lady that drink diet coke and she ended up in a wheel chair and doctors could not figer out what was wrong with her. Then her daughter found an article on aspertane and she told her mother, so her mother got off diet cokes and she was able to walk again after being off diet cokes after several months.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Young women should be especially careful with drinking soda. Over time they can affect how your body absorbs calcium- thus making your bones brittle and suseptable to Osteoperosis and the like.
    There is a huge concern in the medical world regarding this. Also not good from a dental standpoint because of the acids. There will be a future generation that could suffer tremendous problems.
    Just say no to soda.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If looking for a "more full" feeling - choose a fiber option like a fiber one bar. It is better for you than a soda :wink:

Hmm i wouldn't say those are better. Full of sugar and hard on the digestive system.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Here's for all the aspartame critics...

http://zidbits.com/2011/04/is-aspartame-bad-for-you/
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Hmm i wouldn't say those are better. Full of sugar and hard on the digestive system.

Agreed!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to bust your bubble. But diet drinks and sugar free foods have aspertane in them and aspertane is bad stuff.Your can google sweet poison and you will find aspertane it causes all kinds of health problems.I got an email a while back that was about a lady that drink diet coke and she ended up in a wheel chair and doctors could not figer out what was wrong with her. Then her daughter found an article on aspertane and she told her mother, so her mother got off diet cokes and she was able to walk again after being off diet cokes after several months.

Wow....just...wow...

Why do you think aspartame is bad stuff? Can you show me something saying it has CAUSED health problems when taken in moderation, i.e. not 10 cans a day? Are you forming your opinion on correlation and a dodgy email which could have been completely made up, or at least highly exaggerated?

All modern research shows that as long as you don't have an adverse reaction to it similar to allergies, Aspartame is fine when taken in moderation. Cravings, eating more, etc is purely down to the individual. I have it, i never have cravings, and don't eat more. If people had more self-control, then it's a great way to cut down your calorie intake! :D
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been told soda is bad for you and it does affect your weight. Just switch to water and iced tea or cut back on the amount you drink.