Need to lose 28lbs by 6th June 2012

Options
6th June 2012, is the UK download festival start date, I want to be thin for when I go, and I am also training for the RAF. Not applied yet but been advised by many people that being physically fit before you apply is even better for application and self image and all that.

I can created myself a full home body workout which takes me on average an hour to complete, this consists of 5 - 10minutes stretching, 100 crunches, 100 knee lifts, 100 missionary leg lifts, 100 squats, 100 sits ups, 100 push ups, light weight lifting at the end of the workout.

During my exercise routine I drink a litre of water, I also do my routine 3 times a week, swimming once and walking once (obviously I walk everyday, but by walking I mean on sundays I go for a 45minute leisurely walk in the local park cause its a big park)

Anyway I estimated I should eat around 1500calories (also the calculator thing on this site estimated the same) and it said I should lose 1lb - 1.5lbs a week, this gives me the exact weight I want to be a week before the festival.

Anyway enough about me, anybody else in a similar position or have any tips they want to give? (Tips that cost no money preferably, i'm a university student and funds are lacking)

Replies

• BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Totally do-able. I lost 30 in 3months...Good Luck!
  • Art2011
    Options
    I would consider adding cardiovascular exercise to the workout. The swimming is excellent. Jogging or bicycling would also be good. You will be much happier at RAF training if you are already doing 30 minutes of cardio, at least 3 times a week..

A secondary benefit is the weight loss will be much easier.

Art
  • alininja1991
    alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Totally do-able. I lost 30 in 3months...Good Luck!

Wow!! Thats a lot thats 2.5lbs per week! In january i'm joining a gym (as soon as more student loan comes through) so i'm hoping that will help, i'll be able to hit the gym whenever then, i'm already starting to feel a difference and its only been a few days, my skin is already getting tighter where as a week ago it was loose and i could pull it, but no i can't even pinch it, i'm going to up my workout as I get quicker and better at it. Thanks for the support anyway :)
  • ImCasual
    Options
    I lost 20lb in 2 months. I eat around 1300 Cals a day, and I don't do any workouts. Although, I walk about 40 minutes to and from school everyday (1hr20m altogether)
  • alininja1991
    alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would consider adding cardiovascular exercise to the workout. The swimming is excellent. Jogging or bicycling would also be good. You will be much happier at RAF training if you are already doing 30 minutes of cardio, at least 3 times a week..

A secondary benefit is the weight loss will be much easier.

Art

I definately want to start cardio, but i've just moved into uni and i dont want to get lost if i go running, there is a local park I could go to which I might do, hoping to get to the gym to do most of the cardio, also bringing my bicycle to uni after xmas I stupidly left it at home when I moved it.