Army wife and a Mommy :)

Options
Hello :)

I'm not new to Myfitnesspal, but new to the message boards. I'm an Army wife stationed in Germany, and I have an 8 month baby girl. I've lost 45 pounds so far, but have another 40 I want to lose, so I need all the encouragement I can get! I want to lose at least 10 of that before the end of the year when my husband finally returns from deployment in Afghanistan. Gotta get rid of this extra weight! Any advice on balancing working out with school and a baby?

Replies

• kathydp
    kathydp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep positive. I know when we where stationed over in Germany ywo times. The Holidays was the hardest. I sure miss the x-mas markets.
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always like to go out for a run or walk with my lil one in the morning. They are usually content in a stroller/jogger. Then when she is napping, I squeeze in a workout dvd. Good luck on those ten pounds before the hubby gets back, it will be a wonderful reunion!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My hubby is retired Army. Our son is active duty Army and our son-in-law is active duty Navy. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

There are free site with workouts like exerciseTV. You tube has some dance fitness (Zumba) videos too. This would allow you to workout when every you can.
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    I am an army wife also! I am glad he is on his way home soon.:heart: I go to school and I run a sewing shop too. between all that is going on I take the time out. like when the baby is asleep do 10 to 15 minutes of step ups on a set of stairs. it is great! there are other things also it. while you are watching tv get up and do some exercise. You just gotta learn to use that extra 5 minutes you have inbetween whatever you are doing. :smile: