I just love my kids!!!

Options
I have four kids, but my middle two, 15 (girl) & 13 (boy), are like twins. They are very diet, health & fitness conscience.

Yesterday, my daughter and I were at the mall behind a rather shapely woman pushing a stroller wearing short cut-off denim shorts and the most awesome pair of Ed Hardy heels I had ever seen. You could tell she took a lot of time with her appearance, but she just wasn't "rockin'" those shorts if you get my drift. My daughter looks over at me, gives me a hug and tells me, "Thank you for being skinny". :smile:

Now, I don't consider myself skinny; I still see four kids worth of baby fat, but she totally made my day.

I think I'll keep her a little longer! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awww congrats!
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a better NSV. Suhweet!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I love the honesty of kids!! My daughter once told me that when she grows up she wants to be just like me! I was so proud! She then followed with "I'm going to have a big butt and big boobs too!" That's when she was forbidden to come in my room whilst I was dressing :laugh:

keep up the great work!!!!
  • Redbella
    Redbella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    that is sweet. My daughter is a very sweet person also and has been totally supportive of my weight loss. She even joined MFP to keep track of what she eats also. Kids def follow their parents examples!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So your daughter is judging a larger woman for being happy with her body. That's great.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Aww, it sounds like your daughter is very sweet!!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would have bought my daughter a car if she gives me that compliment. But she can't drive yet so maybe later.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    So your daughter is judging a larger woman for being happy with her body. That's great.

I am all for being happy with your body but you also need to dress for the body you have. A woman who is a little thicker in the rear and legs probably shouldn't wear Daisy Dukes no matter how much she loves her body. The same way that if I wore a skin tight shirt with DDD breasts to work I might look a little out of place a cheap. Being happy with your body and dressing to look good are two different things.

Like the old saying goes......Spandex are a privilege not a right.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm glad she made you happy but honestly I would have used that as a teaching moment. I would have been sad had my daughter said the same thing. It's not ok to put someone else down no matter what, and that's pretty much what she did, just without coming out and saying "I'm glad you aren't fat like that lady!".
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I understand the frustration from many of you that what she said to me as a complement was derogatory to the stranger in the mall. Had my daughter said this in ear shot of the woman it would have been a different story. Too, if we had not been discussing how awesome her shoes were and it was not obvious that the woman took time in her appearance, it might have been different. My daughter never would have said this regarding someone who did not obviously care about their appearance or appeared to have just run out of the house momentarily.

My own mother is listed as morbidly obese, yet, my children tell her how pretty she looks. They would never tell someone that they are glad their mom is skinny compared to the "fat lady". This was a private conversation that made me feel good. They see how hard I work at losing weight and slimming down. Yet, they also will tell me when a particular outfit is either too big or too small or not attractive based on size, color or fit.

I will take a complement like this from my children. It just reaffirms for me that I am on the right path and they are just as proud of me as I am of them.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Kids say the most amazing things, love em!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My boys helps me out a lot when it comes to what I wear. Sometimes I'll come out of my room and they will say, "Mom, those pants are too big on you.... are they your 20s?" And last week on casual Friday, my son Lucas said, "Mom, you look so good in those 16s!" I said, "Thanks baby, but these are my 18s still." He said, "Well, they look so good like they are 16s". That was super sweet coming from a 6 yr old boy! My boys will also tell me I look much taller LOL I always tell them that I'm just not quite as wide!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!