McDonald's-Healthier menu choices

Options
2»

Replies

• kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Went with 6 piece chx nuggets,no sauce and half of a small fry with water. Was hungry so filled me up. Also water. I felt like I got a treat, but kept calories in check. Kids were delighted to share my fries. A celebration diner.
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite "diet tools" is the Soutwest salad with grilled chicken.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Their Mighty Chicken Caesar is out of this world! I have yet to come across a caesar salad as good, even at very high end restaurants!
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you get a regular sized hamburger or cheeseburger, the cals are surprisingly low. Then get a side salad, and top it off with a fruit and yogurt parfait for dessert. You will feel satisfied and def not deprived
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Southwest grilled chicken salad Under 300 cal. No dressing
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hamburger is 250, cheeseburger is 300. Side salad is 20 plus whichever dressing you get and the parfait is 160. Thats about 430 cal before salad dressing. Not too bad for fast food at all.

Here's the nutrition chart

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    We stop at McDonald's pretty often when we're on long trips, I'm almost never the one driving so I normally get a salad. LOL. Grilled chicken Caesar salad with low fat Italian dressing is 240 calories and 27 g protein, add the croutons and it's an even 300. Nice amount of food and not bad on the calorie count. I don't get the Caesar dressing b/c it's I think 190 calories - big difference between that and the low fat Italian. If I have extra calories to spare I might add on a small strawberry banana smoothie (210 calories) but normally I just have water and flavor it with the 10 calorie flavoring packets that I like. :-)