Weekends :(

I'm really trying to get back to eating healthier and working out. I'll do good all through the week. I usually eat really well and stick to exercising. However, when the weekend comes and I go out with friends and my boyfriend I feel like all my work goes down the drain. I end up eating out all weekend and getting no time to exercise. I want to have fun on my weekends and stay healthy at the same time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Have friends over and make a healthy dinner and skinny cocktails (I like Baja Bob's Skinny Margarita Mix - Triple Citrus is the best). Go on dates with your boyfriend that include some sort of activity...maybe mini golfing, walking tours, etc.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    I have the same problem so on weekends I make myself workout in the morning before I do anything else. Otherwise I will blow it off too! It's the only thing that works for me on weekends.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    yeah! get out on the dance floor! dancing for a couple hrs will help
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    Weekends are for enjoying yourself, you shouldn't be depriving yourself or you will lose all motivation. Obviously learn to make healthier choices but still got out, eat out, have fun, whatever. My view is, if you are "good" all week you can afford to relax on a weekend. Enjoy!! :smile:
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    yeah! get out on the dance floor! dancing for a couple hrs will help

This is what I do I love going out and the dancing always seems to work off the calories :-)
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    If you've done well all week I don't see how a little indulgence over the weekend will hurt. Some call it calorie zigzagging. Eating under some days and over on others so long as the total calories for the week equals your required deficit. You may also want to see if you can limit it to one day instead of the whole weekend. Like go crazy Saturday and spend Sunday as a restful day in. But don't deprive yourself of a great time. This is supposed to be a sustainable, enjoyable lifestyle.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Maybe you and your boyfriend/friends can plan ahead where you'll eat out that weekend, then you can do some menu & nutritional surfing ahead of time to see how you can make better choices once you're there? It's tough, but you just have to limit yourself regardless of what others around you are doing. Besides, it's all about the company, not the food, right? If they are good friends, they won't chide or tempt you. If they do, then you should let them know that you are taking your health seriously. Maybe you'll rub off on them! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 301 Member
    Weekends are for enjoying yourself, you shouldn't be depriving yourself or you will lose all motivation. Obviously learn to make healthier choices but still got out, eat out, have fun, whatever. My view is, if you are "good" all week you can afford to relax on a weekend. Enjoy!! :smile:

Liking this, KatyE! I often have the same issue when it comes to weekends. The routine during the week doesn't always apply on the weekends as my schedule gets turned upside down with kids, band, DJing, etc. I need to do better, I know. But it's nice to be able to let loose a bit after working/focusing so hard all week.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    I have the exact same problem! I eat and exercise all week then it comes to the weekend and I crave everything and feel I should reward myself. I just started really working on this this weekend. I made better choices when I ate out and I tried to keep it to one meal off track per day. That included some alcohol as well. I exercised and drank tons of water. Now its monday and I am back on track 100% will see how it all works out :) We have to relax a bit and not be so strict sometimes. Its a life style change.
This discussion has been closed.