new to MFP! Hi all!

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP as of today, though not new to the weight loss journey. A little about me: I'm 24 year old, 5'11.5 and 191 pounds. Two years ago, I lost a ton of weight (went from 215 to 176 in about 6 months). I slowly put some back on over the next 18 months or so, and now I'm losing it again, for good!

I've lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks. I'm doing resistence training as well as couch to 5k, and I take yoga and zumba classes when I can. I've been keeping a food diary on my phone and I do OK. My weaknesses are bagels in the morning, sweets after work, and wine in the evening. I'm doing better, though.

Anyway, I'd love some "friends" in a similar boat or folks to help me figure out how to best use this amazing site!

Replies

• kwelsh07
    Options
    Hey! I'm new today also. Still trying to find my way around here. I got married two years ago and since then I've gained 40+ pounds. It kinda snuck up on me. I just joined a gym and I'm trying to go 4-5 times a week for about 45-55 minutes and I'm also trying to keep my calorie intake around 1,200 calories a day.

Good luck with everything!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP have you checked our the food and excercise tracker on here. I find them very helpful and now that I track my food I look at it differently, except trouble with chocolate. Hope you find what you are looking for I know I have since I joined..
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Join a group! Dig around in these forums! Make yourself at home! And feel free to add me as a friend! I'm new too as of last week and already I'm hooked! You'll do great and love it here!