Fat/Carbs/Protein

Options
Do I need to eat all of the allotted fat, carbs, and protein AND stick within my calorie intake amount in order to lose weight or can I just eat within my calorie intake, vary my fat, carbs, and protein, and exercise and still lose weight?

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This is good info! But may require a little searching and reading (all good and recommended when you have the time!). So, long story short--you will still lose weight if you are under calorie but your macros (carb/fat/protein) are all over the place, BUT you will most likely not be healthy. It will probably get harder to lose weight later on if you continue to do so. And you will probably be "skinny fat" and still be prone to health problems.
    Edited to add--that being said, if you need to adjust your macros to be more effective for your personal overall health, do so by all means! Not everyone fits into the pre-set macros MFP gives you automatically.
  • Mhellwig76
    Mhellwig76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I think it is reasonable, just not very good at organizing all of that info as I am normally looking at calories and fat.

Thanks again!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    In a deficit it's important that protein is increased from the RDA, so yeah a little more protein is fine and fat shouldn't be less than 20%, the rest you can use as carbs....this is a rough guideline. You seemed concerned with fat, don't be.