Bacon????

Options
2»

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    All this love for real bacon warms my heart.
    Must be a pig farmer.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    When I die I want to wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with sugar and roasted to perfection. I am going to be so damn yummy.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    Calling something bacon made out of turkey is against the law in Canada, only pig parts, nothing but pig parts.:devil:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Too bad turkey bacon is typically more processed than regular bacon. Get uncured, center cut bacon and it's going to be about as healthy as you can make it. Regular bacon is really nothing to freak out over, it's not that bad.

I started using the center cut bacon and really can't taste the difference between it and regular bacon. Plus, there's less grease to drain out of the skillet! :happy:

I've never been a fan of turkey bacon. Probably because my mother-in-law always uses it and microwaves it...:noway:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Too bad turkey bacon is typically more processed than regular bacon. Get uncured, center cut bacon and it's going to be about as healthy as you can make it. Regular bacon is really nothing to freak out over, it's not that bad.

I started using the center cut bacon and really can't taste the difference between it and regular bacon. Plus, there's less grease to drain out of the skillet! :happy:

I've never been a fan of turkey bacon. Probably because my mother-in-law always uses it and microwaves it...:noway:

OMG...you poor thing! Even when I ate turkey bacon, it was always fried with some oil...microwaved is like, well, like a limp noodle.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My guy is a bacon freak! We cook it in the microwave....between paper towels on a plate. About 2/3 of the way done we change out the paper towels. He prefers it cooked this way over frying it. You just have to watch it to make sure you are not over cooking it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Beer is disgusting.. I never have and never will like beer.

Bacon on the other hand.. OMG. Give me two strips of bacon, an egg and some toast for breakfast and I am a happy happy girl..
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I love center cut bacon. If I can't find it I like low sodium. Turkey bacon has a funny taste to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong...