New healthier eating habit!

Options
For me at least... I don't know about everyone else, but when I get hungry for some chips or something munchy like that, I tend to sit down with the whole bag/package. And even though I read the serving size and say, "Ok, I can only have (this much)" I still tend to overeat... So I've decided to curb mindless eating, I'm going to start taking only the serving size and leaving everything else in the kitchen. Because there have also been times when I would take out a certain portion, and then close up the bag but leave it next to me. Well when I do that, I just end up opening the bag and eating more! So that's my new game plan, hopefully it works! And if I still eat more than I'm supposed too, at least I have to get up and "exercise" in order to get more! lol

Replies

• jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good idea
    Options
    Same here
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i am exactly the same!
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    HI Jadzia_Dax,

I do the same thing, take only the portion I should eat and put away everything else. I even do this in certain restaurants when I know the portions are large - I either ask them for a takeaway box, or ask if they can box up half of the entree before serving it. It depends on the restaurant, but I never had anyone ever say no to both request.

Just another idea to help out.

Good luck,
    y.