Curves

Options
Has anyone gone to Curves or going to curves. I am looking into but not sure I want to spend the money!!

How much is it to join and a month?? I am moving to a small town this summer and they actually have one there, so really considering it.

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Has anyone gone to Curves or going to curves. I am looking into but not sure I want to spend the money!!

How much is it to join and a month?? I am moving to a small town this summer and they actually have one there, so really considering it.

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    My sister does curves. She lost quite a bit of weight doing it too. She really likes it because it is all women between mid 20s and mid 50s where she is.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I used to do Curves in HS w/ my Mom. They really have a great program. Especially if you are nervous about being around men while working out. The ladies there are really into helping you, VERY supportive. I think it was around 35-40 (this was almost 10 yrs ago...)bucks for my mom and I got to go for free because they had some sort of mother-daughter program. There is a sign up fee, I want to say around $70... BUT, they may be waiving it this time of the year. Good Luck! :)
    I joined when I moved to NH, but stopped because of money being tight.... Miss it though, GREAT support system!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I went but am not going now. I did love going but I have a problem with my feet and part of the program that they do It was bothering them so I now just walk. It was $40.00 a month and I don't know what it is to join now. So I hope this helps :happy:
  • acoker
    Options
    I have been a member of Curves, and I really loved it! I would rejoin now, but I can't afford too- however- it is worth the money! It almost seems too easy to really be doing any good, but as long as you treat it like a workout, you will see a difference! I think they may be adding new features too- to make it even more personalized. You may go in and ask for a free trial- some offer one or two visits free...
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would really look around before deciding. I go to a circuit gym LIKE Curves but I only pay $11 a month and I paid an add'l $25 one time fee for a all night pass for a year. Look into some gyms that are not so POPULAR and you may get a better deal. Also don't let them convince you to sign anything until you've checked out as many as you can and found the best fit for you. :flowerforyou:
  • beagle595
    Options
    I did Curves years ago.. It works, you will lose inches. Honestly for me after a couple of months it got boring so I started going to a gym. (*If you get to go with someone you know, or make new friends there and they'll talk you will have more fun. My last month I was stuck with 8 women same time slot, no one spoke a word. Sorry but that's hard for me. :laugh: ) You can also do your own circuit routine there. Most Curves will let you have a free trial workout. Good luck and have fun! :happy:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I will look in to it!! :flowerforyou: