Polar HRM...which one to get?

Options
Polar HRM are having a sale on their products and I'm trying to decide between the F6 and the F4. What are the main differences??

Also, if I got the F6 what is the interference thing they are talking about??

Help please!!

FYI the sale is through Friday and includes free overnight shipping!

Replies

• mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    Polar HRM are having a sale on their products and I'm trying to decide between the F6 and the F4. What are the main differences??

Help please!!

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Help please!!

Get the F6, so worth it. Interference is when some other HRM (or other device which transmits on the same frequency) interferes. The F6 and above use a method that does a challenge response to confirm that it's YOUR chest strap that's sending the info. this can be quite common if you go to a gym. They broadcast up to 6 feet omnidirectionally so if you are in a class, or on a bike, eliptical, or treadmill and someone next to you has one too, it can get confused if it doesn't have the challenge response.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ditto
    F6 for sure!
  • mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    So does the interference mess up the calorie calculator or anything else?? I'm usually working out alone or at a gym full of college students so I doubt many of them even have an HRM.

I'm a little confused about the interference??
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So does the interference mess up the calorie calculator or anything else?? I'm usually working out alone or at a gym full of college students so I doubt many of them even have an HRM.

I'm a little confused about the interference??

you'd be surprised, trust me, the F6 is the way to go.

Just go to ebay and search on F6, you can find them for 85 bucks with free shipping, brand new, in a sealed box. That's about how much an F4 costs retail (course you can get the F4 for like 65 on there).

And yes, if you get interference, it can and WILL screw up your calorie count, because your watch receives the heart beat from a different chest strap.
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I got the F4 and it doesn't have interference. It works great and I personally think it is easier to use than the F6. Either way Polar is a good brand and has lots of options so you can choose what is right for you.