MFP Newbie!

Options
I just joined today and can tell I am going to love MFP! I have been actively trying to lose weight for a few weeks and have employed a wellness coach who encouraged me to journal my food intake. I looked at about a dozen mobile apps before stumbling across MFP!

I am a 47 yo mom of 3 who, until a few years ago, had no problem maintaining a healthy weight. Unfortunately, the effects of aging, work/life related stress, and an incapacitating injury to both legs resulted in a gain of 40 lbs over about 18 mo. My injuries have healed to the point where I can now do low/no impact exercise and I have started back riding and rowing 6 days a week as well as watching what I eat.

Since last week I am down 3.5 lbs... only 50 left to go!!

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! You'll find lots of support here!!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    beautiful horse.. good luck and welcome
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!

My horse is one of my primary motivators... she loves me at any size, but definitely appreciates a fit rider!
  • kendrafagan
    Options
    You and I are so much alike, except you are losing weight faster than me. I joined MFP about a month ago and only lost 2 pounds so far. But on other days, I get those 2 pounds back so who knows. I have three kids also and I am 42 years old and I am feeling the effects of the slower metabolism with my age. So maybe we can inspire and motivate each other...
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Kendra! I look forward to meeting our weight loss and fitness goals together!

I really had to kick up the exercise to jump start my wt loss... it was especially hard given the nature of my injuries (I blew out both achilles tendons at once and was in casts on both legs. Once they came off, I had to fight muscle atrophy and loss of ROM in the ankle. My physical therapist is a miracle worker!) Finding workouts that I can do at home once kids are fed, homework is done, the house is cleaned, etc. and that was also low impact was challenging. But for me at least, eating right just didn't help move the needle on the scale.