Is this possible??

Options
is this kinda weight loss possible and smart?

Starting weight: 190 on 02/09/09

♥ 03/09/09 - 180 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in the first month)

♥ 04/13/09 - 175 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 05/18/09 - 165 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in a month and 5 days)

♥ 06/22/09 - 160 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 07/27/09 - 155 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 5 days)

♥ 08/31/09 - 145 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 10/05/09 - 140 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 5 days)

any comments or tips are welcome thanks!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    is this kinda weight loss possible and smart?

Starting weight: 190 on 02/09/09

♥ 03/09/09 - 180 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in the first month)

♥ 04/13/09 - 175 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 05/18/09 - 165 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in a month and 5 days)

♥ 06/22/09 - 160 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 07/27/09 - 155 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 5 days)

♥ 08/31/09 - 145 lbs (total loss of 10 lbs in a month and 4 days)

♥ 10/05/09 - 140 lbs (total loss of 5 lbs in a month and 5 days)

any comments or tips are welcome thanks!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    As you lose and get smaller-it takes longer to come off. I'm just pleased if I lose any in a week! So far, it's slow, but there... I always try no to set really high goals, just cause I don't want to be dissappointed and discouraged. That's the Pesimism in me.:wink:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    should i set mayb 5 lbs a month that way i wont get discourage? and if i lose more that fine but i wont be stressed out??
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    should i set mayb 5 lbs a month that way i wont get discourage? and if i lose more that fine but i wont be stressed out??

i think thats a good idea. i applaud you for having thought out these goals! good job! :drinker:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think towards the end 10lbs in a month will be alot! I set my goals really far out that way I feel REALLY good when it happens sooner. Otherwise, I will get so upset.
  • Charity776
    Charity776 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The other thing you need to consider is the type of workouts you are doing. You may not lose any in a month if you are strength training; you've replaced fat with muscle which weighs more. Perhaps instead of concentrating on pounds you look at inches or a favorite pair of jeans?
    I know instead of just looking at the scale I have been using my pre-pregnancy clothes as a gauge and the tape measure. I wore a size 2/4 before I got pregnant and I am already wearing some of my size 4 jeans but the scale is telling me I weigh 25 lbs more than I did when before I was pregnant. That fact is very frustrating and self defeating.
    You need to do what is best for you and your goals. Best of luck!!:smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Sure! See when you lose more, it's an awesome feeling! Good for you for the commitment and setting the goals. We're here for ya.:drinker:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    I know it stinks to hear this, but slower is always better. I have been following the same 1200 calories a day diet since Jan 5. The first week I lost 5 lbs! Second week 3. Third week 1.5. Fourth week .5. My weight loss has dramatically slowed and while that doesn't make me want to do cartwheels, the inches are slowly coming off and I know that I'm losing what I should lose. A few years ago I did South Beach and lost 34 lbs in 12 weeks. It was fun to watch my thighs shrink 4 inches over that time and go from a size 12 to a size 2. But my body didn't like it and I lost a third (SERIOUSLY, A THIRD!!) of my hair which thankfully grew back. When I quit the diet, I had digestive problems that plagued me for nearly a year. I'm not saying all this to bad mouth SB, some people are really healthy on it. I'm just telling you my experience with losing too quickly. Now I am down 10 lbs and would like to lose 10 more, but I'm going to do it the "eat healthy foods in moderation" way, because the other way has quite a price attached to it. Been there, done that.
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey miss gettin' thin 08,

I totally understand your goal and what you're going thru. I started at 190 lbs a couple years ago. It actually took me a drastic change in my life so i could lose couple pounds by eating 1500 a day, no restaurant or cheats at all, and 4-5 times a week gym time for 2 hours. It was hard but i was really motivated. Then, it took me maybe 7 months to drop at 155 or so. Within the course of the summer, i dropped at 140. Unfortunalety, i love food and i couldn't go to the gym as often as i could so now i'm at 150, trying to get at 130 but those pounds have been there for at least 10 years now and its soooo slow to get them off. Will see what happens next...

Good luck :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Goals are great!...however, the time I have made goals set along with dates, I have become frustrated when I didn't meet the goal at that particular date.

I have weight goals now, but I do not tie a date with them to meet it by, because I'm now in the sssslllllloooowwwwww part of getting to goal weight. And I don't want to sabotage myself.
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    thank yall so much so i was thinking and what about this instead???

♥ 03/09/09 - 185 lbs

♥ 04/13/09 - 180 lbs

♥ 05/18/09 - 175 lbs

♥ 06/22/09 - 170 lbs

♥ 07/27/09 - 165 lbs

♥ 08/31/09 - 160 lbs

♥ 10/05/09 - 155 lbs

♥ 11/09/09 - 150 lbs

♥ 12/14/09 - 145 lbs

♥ 01/08/09 - 140 lbs
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i think its good. i also want you to be sure and understand if you are off a bit, just in case your weight loss does slow - and it will. dont let it get you down. remember to meausre yourself and track inches lost as well as weight. fat takes up more room than muscle, so when your body fat decreases, your muscle mass will be more - you will be thinner but it wont show on the scale as weight loss.

so excited for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    yall all are so sweet thank you!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    While I think having these mini-goals is great, I would caution against putting too many expectations on reaching them each month. Our bodies very rarely conform that evenly. Some do, but most of us have good weeks/months and bad. One month you may loose 7 lbs, the next you may gain 2. I'm not saying to remove the goals, all I'm saying is to prepare for the possibility of plateaus. They are real, and you should be ready for the possibility.