Overeating while stressed?

Options
I am working on a new project and I am so stressed. This new business venture is leaving little time for a walk on the treadmill let alone the vigorous cardio/strength training workouts I need. I know there are a lot of things I can do to deal with my stress. I need help organizing my time. 5am wakeups to get the cardio in on the treadmill. I didn't come this far to put the weight back on. Help!!!

Replies

• littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Fitgirlrocks
    Fitgirlrocks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is there any of your work that you can do on the treadmill? I am all for focused workouts, but sometimes my schedule doesn't allow time for everything to fit in. So I will take work with me on the elliptical machine ( I tend to fall off the treadmill while reading- maybe I am just clumsy). I also struggle with emotional eating. My doctor recommended a product to help with my sugar cravings.
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am a total stress eater, the best things I've found to help are keeping food far away from my computer (so I can't grab it and nosh while bummed) and when I really have to chew on something, sugarfree gum. Hopefully someone who's better at time organization will speak up and help you with that, I could use a few tips myself! (also, 5am wakeups for cardio? ouch!) Good Luck!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Can you break up the workouts into smaller time frames instead of all at once
  • timammer
    Options
    Without sleep willpower goes right out the window. Then, for quick energy as well as to reduce stress, it's almost impossible not to eat more. I face this dilemma with work. I've tried 4 things. 1) find help to get some things done, even if menial. Every time saver counts. 2) make sure you get 8 hours of sleep regardless of anything else 3) 3 times a week take an hour for yourself to work out, what needs to get done be darned. I find lunch hour to be the most doable because I'm so frantic to get into work, and work late. 4) stay positive, and make sure to read a couple of positive or motivational things a day, and remind yourself that your health is first, everything else will work out one way or another. A failed business venture isn't the end of the world. You do every thing you can to make it succeed, but not at the cost of your health. Hope some/any of that works for you.