Major NSV (for me that is)

Options
Carrotz5
Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
I love reading everyone's NSVs here and there when I can catch them on the message boards. So I decided to share mine today.

For the FIRST time in my life... I love my body!
I still have weight to lose and muscles to tone up, but I've worked hard to lose the 10lbs I've lost so far and I'm loving the way I look, the way my clothes fit, and the way I feel. It is such an amazing feeling to know that I've worked hard for my loss and I deserve to be proud of myself.

Crazy, that I weighed 20lbs less in high school/early college than I do now and hated my body then. I thought I was chubby! Thankfully, now I have healthy body image.

So there ya go! That's my NSV :)

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Good one! Even a few pounds can be a real difference in the shape of parts of your body. I get really excited sometimes when I can really see the changes that three or four pounds make in the way my clothes fit. WTG!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Very happy for you!
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great...loving oneself is the greatest love of all:smile: ..congrats!!!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Happy for you! I hope I can make that my NSV soon!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is absolutely wonderful!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good for you! How you feel is way more important than a number.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    What a very nice post! Funny, I thought I was so fat in high school, but I look at pictures now and think I really wasn't too bad. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt that way!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That's so awesome:drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Body image is such a HUGE part of this journey... good for you!
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love it! I know how you feel as I am in the same position. What a wonderful feeling, you should be proud!
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What a very nice post! Funny, I thought I was so fat in high school, but I look at pictures now and think I really wasn't too bad. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt that way!

I think the same thing when I see my high school pictures. It is amazing how warped one's body image is during that time! I'm glad I am not the only either!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!