Belly fat.... go away darn it!!

Options
I've dropped 16 lbs so far and its mostly in my face, arms and legs. But my stomach is still the same size. Clothes dont fit any looser. Frustrated by this turn of events. Havent cheated very much and exercising like a feign lately. What gives? I havent filled out my diary lately but rest assured its been pretty good(minus the couple cheat days)

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    keep working on it!!! Wherever you put it on last will be the last to come off!!! My stomach/waist did not change for a while, i think it took a few months for it to make me have to get a smaller size pants! I went from size 12 to size 4 in 2 yrs and something months!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    easy:)
    1. cut the sodium
    2. cut the sugar
    3.cut the carbs
    .....your tummy is going to melt away.Promise!:)

set this three things on your settings diary and NEVER go over.
  • Tmbrooks75
    Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hahaha whats left over after you cut all those out?????
  • eytzen1
    Options
    lettuce! Heehee, not really. I too am trying to get my tummy to shrink! We'll just keep it up and it will start to get smaller. Hang in there!
  • tawnabanana
    tawnabanana Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting a good source of carbs from fruits and vegetables and not refined sugars and grains and you'll be able to see it start shrinking. If I get on a sugar/carb binge, the waist is the first thing to grow, but also the first to shrink when I get back on track and cut out sugars and grains. Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll see a change soon. Hang in there!
  • Cathleenr
    Options

food that will actually get you someehre.
    you haven't logged any food, so why don;t you do that for week or so and then take a look at your macros and your exercise and then get a realistic goal? you can't lose fat from particular places, but you can strengthen the underlying muscle core so that when you do lose the fat layer, you'll be able to see all your work.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Your body will burn the fat from where IT wants to burn it from and not where YOU want it to burn it from. For most people, the belly is one of the last places to go. Just keep going. It'll burn it eventually.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've gone down from Uk size 20- 16 (nearly in 14's) since cutting carbs, even though weight wise I'm still 11 st (154lbs) and classed as still overweight. My tummy is definitely smaller and I've got curves and a waist! :happy:
  • dia77
    Options
    proteins and fiber:)
  • dia77
    Options
    proteins and fiber:)
    I wasn;t joking:). Really , this is your answer + logging your food + targeting that specific area when you exercise+ GOOD SOURCE OF FOOD( NO PROCESSED FOOD)
    good luck!
  • Tmbrooks75
    Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    examples? i am no cook so simple examples would be best
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try foods that are low in (bad) fat, low carbs, low glycemic index & high fiber. + WATER WATER WATER