212.4 pounds lost, used cauliflower!

Options
I added a little video on my blog on how I make tough food choices!

theantijared.blogspot.com

Replies

• theantijared
    Options

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I cant believe that was you. You are my inspiration now. I know I can do it.

Connie
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Can I say WOW!! Good for you! For a lot of people who are over weight, they feel hopeless and think they can never be fit. You are proof for them that it can be done. All you need is motivation and gym shoes!! Exercise can be so powerful! I am curious and have an idea for you blog. Did you have any health problems (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) that are now gone. I actually did research for one of my classes about exercise and how it actually corrects dysfunctions and complications that are harmful to the body. The idea I have for your (if you recovered from any health issues) is posting that up.

Take a look at this: http://videos.howstuffworks.com/hsw/8187-investigating-human-biology-the-importance-of-exercise-video.htm
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow, you don't even look like the same person! Good work. People like you who have lost soo much weight are an inspiration to many of us out there trying to lose weight and get in shape..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bumpin to check back in a bit :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

WOW Jared...you worked hard and your hard work has certainly paid off in many many ways. I am sure your body jumps with joy at being able to breathe easier, move around easier, just so many general things smaller folks so take for granted...

I am SO PROUD OF YOU, so so proud of all that you've done to grab back ahold of your life!! Wow, you're my HERO!! A sweet friend on here calls me that...and now I too have someone to call my Hero!!!:flowerforyou::cry::bigsmile:

WOW, you are amazing how you have stuck to working out, changing your eating, and I haven't even barely taken a peek at your blog, certainly looking forward to it though!!

I had to jump back on here to comment because you've simply blown my MIND!! When folks have 3 lbs. to lose, 40 lbs. to lose, even 93 lbs. to lose, it's not easy and everyone is very different in how it effects them physcially. But I know as a larger person life is NOT the same when you are in a larger body with several hundred lbs. to lose, so much of your life you find limited either by society, depression, anxiety etc.etc.

Well, you know all this as you've gone through it... there's so much smaller folks don't quite understand about it but we all have our things to work through no matter what size we are! That's what's great about MFP everyone is welcome here...someone wanted to maintain but learn healthier ways to eat, someone with 20lbs to lose, folks with 100's to lose, the openess and kindness displayed on this site is one of kind!!:cry::wink: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

Thanks for sharing your journey here with us! Maybe it'll get me that much closer to sharing my photos and more of my journey along the way:drinker: :wink: Sadly I've felt to ashamed to share much as of yet:cry::blushing: :ohwell: :wink:

FC:heart:

You have much to be proud of Jared!!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Cauliflower is the BEST

Add light soy sauce to shredded cauliflower and add green onion & sesame oil for clueless fried "rice"

I would never guess it wasn't.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Cauliflower is the BEST

Add light soy sauce to shredded cauliflower and add green onion & sesame oil for clueless fried "rice"

I would never guess it wasn't.
    hm..interesting...might give it a try...thanks:bigsmile:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    oh chick- you have to..

Take the cauliflower and run it against a cheese shredder!!!

Put Sesame oil in a pan- Saute Green onion...Add cauliflower and cook until it begins to brown. Once that happens add in your soy and a few shakes of sesame oil...

It truly is amazing! lol!!! I eat it every chance I get!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Oops...sorry Tony, I only now saw your real name on another post you made

FC :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    oh chick- you have to..

Take the cauliflower and run it against a cheese shredder!!!

Put Sesame oil in a pan- Saute Green onion...Add cauliflower and cook until it begins to brown. Once that happens add in your soy and a few shakes of sesame oil...

It truly is amazing! lol!!! I eat it every chance I get!
    Ok, then I will and jottin it down now and I'll let you know....just happened to buy some cauli today too! Sounds unique and yum...thanks for breaking it down regarding instructions Kmill:wink: