Polar FT40 vs. Polar FT7 vs. Sportline DUO 1060

Hi there. I am totally new to HRM's and need some advive. I have been researching HRM's for a while now and really want to get one. I have it narrowed down to these 3. If any of you have any of these, would you please let me know what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and if you would recommend it to a new HRM user? I am interested in info. such as comfort, ease of use, features, accuracy, etc. I mainly want to use it for my at home workouts, running outdoors, and at the gym. I have been working out for a couple months now and can tell I am not getting the burn that I was and need to know where I'm at and when I need to be pushing myself harder. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    I had a Sportline.. If it doesn't have a chest strap, scratch it. I got a Polar FT4 and LOVE it
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    I currently have Polar F6 (pre-FT7) and Garmin 400 series. Both are terrific and have worked through a lot of torture for years. In the past I've had Timex and Sportline. Both worked fine but, only lasted a year. Lame. I'd recommend going with either of the Polars. They are very similar. My understanding is that the FT7 is slightly more accurate than the FT4 as it adds one more measure into the equation finding calories burned. I don't know how significant the difference is though. I'm guessing it's slight.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I have an FT7 and I love it -- however I wish I would have spent a little more and gotten the FT40 (not the FT4).
    The FT40 and FT60 let you program your v02 max so they are probably a little more accurate as far as cals burned -- but not sure how big the difference would be.

I would avoid anything without a chest strap.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I started with the FT7 but soon realized that I didn't like carrying my phone with me wherever I went to track by GPS. So I got a Garmin 305 instead. All the great features of a HRM plus its perfect for multisport and had built in GPS.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    FT4 and love it. Simple to use.