30-45 g of fiber a day

Options
Hey all,

I know for women it is recommended that we eat 25 g of fiber per day and 30 g for men, am I eating too much fiber if i eat 30-45 g/day? I know if you eat too much fiber it can cause stomach upset, GI problems (diarrhea/constipation), and you can expel nutrients.

Thanks!

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It's only too much fiber if you're in pain or have to move your desk next to the toilet to avoid accidents.

:flowerforyou:
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Haha that made me laugh! Thanks!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    And drinking alot of water is pretty much required.........or there will be problems....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The malabsorption is what I would worry about. about 50+ grams is when this is when it is more commonly seen
    What foods are you getting your fiber from?
  • californiansun
    Options
    The malabsorption is what I would worry about. about 50+ grams is when this is when it is more commonly seen

Fruits, vegetables, whole grains.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Then I wouldn't worry. Like i said 50+ is when it starts to effect you. Make sure to drink your water!

Sometimes I see the high fiber coming from foods like Fiber-one bars and such. That's when you got a problem!:flowerforyou:
  • californiansun
    Options

Then I wouldn't worry. Like i said 50+ is when it starts to effect you. Make sure to drink your water!

Sometimes I see the high fiber coming from foods like Fiber-one bars and such. That's when you got a problem!:flowerforyou:

Thanks! I don't eat that processed junk! :D