Workplace saboteurs

Options
Is it just me being sensitive or does it p*#s you off when you're at work and cake is being shared for someones birthday (everyone knows you are on a diet) and then they purposely make a huge deal about how good the frickin cake tastes? I actually wasn't even very tempted - was more interested in the strawberries on top and they pretend like it is killing me not having it and making fun of me. What is with that????

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    People in general are insensitive douche bags.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Espeacially people you work with... constantly morning teas with cake and sausage rolls etc... I use people around me as inspiration of what not to become. A certain person chooses her cake and its in her mouth before sitting down just right after telling me she cant eat cake and sweet things anymore. HA!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    People in general are insensitive douche bags.

I completely agree. That and they are jealous that you are making positive changes in your life!
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I honestly don't think anyone means anything negative by it. I think it's important to stop thinking that everything everyone is doing is trying to sabotage you or trying to be rude to you or because they are jealous of you. Sometimes people are just joking around, sometimes they are just having a good time eating cake. They really may not realize that you are struggling (although you weren't in this situation) with dieting and losing weight. They might not realize that you find it offensive, because not everyone finds that kind of thing offensive... everyone has different types of humor thresholds.

I'd say relax a bit and stop letting the little things that other people are doing bother you.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Were I work there is one area that has a morning tea atleast twice a week and use the communul Kitchen... so unfair!! There are usually atleast two big cakes from the Cheese cake shop
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think anyone means anything negative by it. I think it's important to stop thinking that everything everyone is doing is trying to sabotage you or trying to be rude to you or because they are jealous of you. Sometimes people are just joking around, sometimes they are just having a good time eating cake. They really may not realize that you are struggling (although you weren't in this situation) with dieting and losing weight. They might not realize that you find it offensive, because not everyone finds that kind of thing offensive... everyone has different types of humor thresholds.

I'd say relax a bit and stop letting the little things that other people are doing bother you.

I agree.

I love cake, and if I'm eating a piece that's amazing, I'm going to say so. Probably multiple times. Because amazing cake is amazing and I just can't help it. Of course, I couldn't stop talking about how delicious my mashed potato pancakes were tonight either. When I love a food, I love it completely and everyone will hear about it. But, I'm pregnant right now and a lot of food tastes like it's the most awesome thing I've ever eaten. Seriously, almost everything is phenomenal to me right now. It's ridiculous.

To be fair though, most store bought cakes are gross, so I'll agree that you probably didn't miss out on anything spectacular. When I'm trying to lose weight I like to save my indulgences for something that's really worth it, not just some crappy office cake.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Completely agree. Don't pay attention to what co-workers say or eat.
    And if you crave that cake... eat a small portion and log it ! You can easily compensate that same day for the extra calories of a small portion, and you will have enjoyed it!