Question...

Options
My family (mom dad and myself) started our own version of Biggest Loser. We are doing it over a 3.5 month period and, like the show, who ever loses the largest percent of body weight is the winner. We each paid in $50 when we began and winner takes all.

So my question is...
My Dads starting weight was ~ 230, Moms was ~ 178, Mine was ~145. We are all overweight, however I am the least amount over weight (I am 5', maybe 5'1" so my target weight range is like 97-132 or something close to that).

We've been at it for 4 weeks now. I have been eating healthy - only going over my calories 1x a week, if any - i've been exercising regularly.. at least 4 days of week for cardio/strength (more cardio than strength), and drink TONS of water.

I'm down about 7lbs. My mom is down about 10 and my step dad is down about 13.

The thing is... They dont eat quite as healthy (but still healthier than before) and they AREN'T working out - they both have jobs that are more active than mine, but its always been that way.

What's the deal here? Why I am still behind? I feel like I should be Kicking Butt! :laugh:

So just curious to see what your opinions are!

Replies

• rsmclaurin
    Options
    My family (mom dad and myself) started our own version of Biggest Loser. We are doing it over a 3.5 month period and, like the show, who ever loses the largest percent of body weight is the winner. We each paid in $50 when we began and winner takes all.

So my question is...
    My Dads starting weight was ~ 230, Moms was ~ 178, Mine was ~145. We are all overweight, however I am the least amount over weight (I am 5', maybe 5'1" so my target weight range is like 97-132 or something close to that).

We've been at it for 4 weeks now. I have been eating healthy - only going over my calories 1x a week, if any - i've been exercising regularly.. at least 4 days of week for cardio/strength (more cardio than strength), and drink TONS of water.

I'm down about 7lbs. My mom is down about 10 and my step dad is down about 13.

The thing is... They dont eat quite as healthy (but still healthier than before) and they AREN'T working out - they both have jobs that are more active than mine, but its always been that way.

What's the deal here? Why I am still behind? I feel like I should be Kicking Butt! :laugh:

So just curious to see what your opinions are!

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do think when your smaller you lose weight at a slower pace....
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i think you are going to win - hands down. just keep up what you are doing and you'll see! :heart:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Try looking at the percentage of weight everyone has lost instead of the actual number of pounds. That should help even it out! Plus keep in mind, the more you have to lose, the faster it will come off in the beginning. Great job by the way!!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Try looking at the percentage of weight everyone has lost instead of the actual number of pounds. That should help even it out! Plus keep in mind, the more you have to lose, the faster it will come off in the beginning. Great job by the way!!

OOPS - ADDITION: I'm at about 4% weightloss , my moms at 4.7% and my Dads at 5.3% or so.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing!

Thanks for the advice
  • amberca1
    Options
    Yeah- the smaller you are the harder (and slower) it is to lose weight. However you have the young metabolism bonus.
    What a GREAT idea!! I love it! Good luck!
  • RachelCannon
    Options
    Yeah - what they said. Percentage wise you guys are almost equal. Good job by the way. :smile:
  • kristineh86
    Options
    7 pounds in a month?! BE PROUD OF YOURSELF GIRL!! That's awesome! I know what you mean though....I too am extremely competitive but just remember everyone's bodies are different! They may be making a more drastic change to their lifestyle which is resulting in them losing more POUNDS but like you said...you have less to lose! :)