Lose belly fat ?

Options
It's always been my struggle. Even when I was underweight a couple years ago it was there. I'm now at 54 kg and 164cm ( 119 pounds, 5'5) so I'm not really looking to lose much weight maybe 1-2 kg tops! I just need tips what would help me get rid of this belly fat ? Should I just concentrate on ab workouts or.. ? and are there any foods which will contribute to it coming off ?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Food is the main aspect of losing belly fat. You need to eat clean, healthy diet. No processed food, healthy carbs, lots of veggies and lean protein etc And stomach exercises will define your muscles, unfortunatelly you want be able to see them until you reduce the body fat.
    Try strengh training to reduce body fat and eat clean diet, and your belly fat will be gone in no time :)
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    unfortunately its not possible to target specific areas of body fat to lose weight from, ab excercises wont be sufficient to burn fat, so you can get that great 6 pack, but still have it covered by that stubborn layer. Running would be the best bet to burn off body fat, whilst eating at a defecit, and as your bf % drops you should find your belly (which is usually the last thing to go) loses that fat in the long term. good luck (",)
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    like he said, its not possible to lose "belly fat", its body fat, everything burns at that same rate. You can build muscle which burns more calories, but I doubt you want to be bulky. Just have a calorie deficit everyday and you'll eventually see the results. 500 cal deficit time 7 days is 3500 calories or 1 lb per week of fatloss. Eventually you will see your abs if you continue this, the more of a deficit, the lower your bodyfat will be. don't lose more than 2-3 lbs per week though.
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i'm getting great results from Gillian Michaels 30 DS gonna do six pack in six weeks after.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Cut back on carbs. You can eat fruits & veggies, but cut out anything "white"...bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, plus starchy fruits...you'll see a difference soon!! That and do some ab work...I do 200 crunches every other day. Both made a difference in me!

Good luck! :smile:
  • Lets_get_going
    Lets_get_going Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions. As I said I just don't want to loose too much weight and then still have that damn belly fat there :D But I'll try running and some strength training for starters to see how it goes.