Warrior Dash London, June 2012 - MFP wave?

BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Warrior Dash is coming to the UK next year!

http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_london.php

If you like your running with added barbed wire, fire and cargo nets, this is the race you've been awaiting for! I've been desperate to do it after reading about the fun US-based MFP'ers had doing it, and it's finally crossed the pond.

You can enter in waves from 9am until 3pm. Wouldn't it be great if everyone from MFP who is entering could enter the same wave so we could support and encourage (and point and laugh at) each other?

As I live a fair distance away, I'd like to plump for a late morning start - say 11am. Who's with me? Get that entry off before Christmas to give yourself something to train for!

There's also one in Yorkshire for our northern chums!

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    <waving from Texas>!!!
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Hi

I may give this a go if my training keeps going at the pace it currently is...

Lucy
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    My partner and I just registered for the Sydney, Australia event. Thanks for sharing! Im excited hahaha!!!!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    YAY! Iv been wanting to do this but the London one was abit far and i have been uummm-ing and arrrrr-ing, but now they have added the Yorkshire one (which i didnt know about), im deffinately signing up for that! Just down the road from me :)
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    I'm planning on doing the London dash. 11am sounds like a great idea!
  • lucycaz
    Hi

We should set up a training/motivation group

Have just told my better half about it she has volunteered to be the official photographer - lol and I was hoping she would do the dash with me......

Lucy
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member

Yorkshire would be the closer one for you :D
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    I am seriously tempted. As a non-runner this might be crazy but I think what the heck-I have 7 months to get into shape and train for it. So many people swear by signing up to an event as a way of getting motivated.

I have emailed my brother to see if he fancies the challenge-if he says yes then I am defo going to do it-I'd love to do it with someone and I couldn't think of anyone better than my bro-he has run a marathon and done some serious cycling events before so he is fit....unlike me who just does Jazzercise anywhere between once and three times a week.

BRING IT ON! x
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Definitely doing it Berry, got a couple of fellow C25K'ers at work we were going to do the final one of the day though in case we are embarrassingly crap - I don't fancy the prospect of 18 year olds from the next wave after me climbing over my head - or do you think that wouldn't happen??
  • MrsM1ggins

Yorkshire would be the closer one for you :D
    I'm roping in family from MK and London, but that's not to say I won't to the Yorshire one too...

HARD CORE!!!!!! :laugh:
  • BerryH
    Definitely doing it Berry, got a couple of fellow C25K'ers at work we were going to do the final one of the day though in case we are embarrassingly crap - I don't fancy the prospect of 18 year olds from the next wave after me climbing over my head - or do you think that wouldn't happen??
    I've done other adventure races mid-pack and there's not usually a clash. I don't like doing races last thing (or being so slow everyone else is home before me!) as there's a chance you miss out on post-race fun, and in some cases goody bags!
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    I booked my place for the London WD. I have convinced my brother to do it with me too. I was telling my receptionist at work about it too and she loves the idea-so maybe she'll join in too!
  • BerryH
    OK, payday has been and gone, so I've booked for the 11am wave. I rather optimistically ordered the size M t-shirt (which the site says is US 8-10, or UK 12-14), so that's a whole other goal!

Who else is in?! Raaaarrrrgggh!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    With Gok undeclared and you + Vanessa running at different times I had to flip for it, so I'm running at 11:30

Bring on the beer and drumsticks, (and a stretcher for me)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Yay!! Booked and at 11.30. Simply because trying to pretend to listen to a conference call at the same time, I misremembered your time Berry and also thought that would agree with my stomach :-) Can't wait. I'll be the one stuck to the barbed wire by my hair (don't hog the stretcher Atticus!)
  • MrsM1ggins
    I've signed up too, but for the 14.30 wave - suits my bro-in-law and his family better if we're there later. It'll be more fun then as it'll be extra muddy...:tongue:
  • BerryH
    So excited to be messy racing with so many MFP peeps next year! Squeeeee!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    We'll be registering in January - finances just won't allow us to do it beforehand. Would like to do 11am, as I prefer early runs (and we have to get there, which could take 1.5 hours), so hopefully there'll still be slots for then by the time we book. :bigsmile:
  • BerryH
    We'll be registering in January - finances just won't allow us to do it beforehand. Would like to do 11am, as I prefer early runs (and we have to get there, which could take 1.5 hours), so hopefully there'll still be slots for then by the time we book. :bigsmile:
    Yay! :happy:
  • lucycaz
    Well I have done it - it's official my friend Andrew and myself are booked for the 9:30am start......that way I might finnish before it gets dark - lol