I could use the support

going through a rough patch with my hunny and I dont want to resort to food as my outlet. Today will be day #1 back at the gym as so many of my previous attempts have failed. I wanna do better, i make the first move and then I seem to give up and not go back.
This time 1 year ago I was going to bally total fitness, then it was thanks giving before you know it. I had lost about 20 pounds and by the time the holidays were over I had gained back what I lost and some. So my main concern ins discipline in the many moments of temptation.

Replies

• roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Try to use the gym as your outlet instead of the food - or go to a movie you would enjoy, or get yourself a new book to engross yourself in.

As for the gym and the holidays, don't stress about trying to lose weight during what is such a stressful time for so many, I recommend just trying to stick with an execise routine, and tracking what you're eating. Seeing it written down will help you keep things in perspective.

Besides, you can always "pay to play"! If you know there is going to be lots of opportunity and desire to indulge here and there, just up your workouts and burn those extra calories so you can enjoy some of the holiday goodies without derailing yourself. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Best of luck, and things will get better!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Exercise is a great stress reliever and mood enhancer, I've found over the past year. Sometimes I TOTALLY crave my treadmill workouts, no matter how dead my legs are. But the reality is, some of us are emotional eaters and it's a habit we formed over the whole of our life. BUT... it's a habit that can be broken. If you have to eat, carry some baby carrots or something similar with you, so that when the mood hits, if you have to binge, you binge on something healthy.

I hope things smooth out with you and your hunny.
  • I have the same issue...I'll do so great and feel so great for a while and then something stresses me and I'm in the toilet again. I say I'm my own worst enemy...trying to change that..

baby steps! there are a lot of wonderful people on this site who are always willing to lend support.
    feel free to add me as a friend.

all the best to you :)