A depressing scene

Options
Anyone here ever arrived late at a cocktail party and everyone else is pissed, meatballs are being eaten as appetizers, and the topic of conversation is "death"?

Replies

• filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Anyone here ever arrived late at a cocktail party and everyone else is pissed, meatballs are being eaten as appetizers, and the topic of conversation is "death"?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nope and it doesn't sound like much of a cocktail party - or even a good Irish wake for that matter! Hopefully you didn't have to stick around long or the atmosphere changed.:wink:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yeah a "party" I would bag the next invite...LOL

Sorry...
    dd
  • filergirl
    Options
    I bolted after one drink.

It wasn't just the crappy atmosphere; it was the fact that merely being around people who don't take care of themselves brings me down. Before I would have just reached for some more plonk and gotten pissed enough to enjoy myself. Now, I couldn't wait to get home and get a good night's sleep.
  • mustanggirl92
    Options
    It sound like you could use some new friends with a healthy, happy outlook on life!!!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mustang. It does sound like you have outgrown that group, and need people that are happier and healthier. :smile:
    Do not feel bad, I do not care where you are from it happens all over the world.
    --Diann...
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    uhhhhhhhh....no. I'd have bolted too.
  • filergirl
    Options
    Fortunately that's not my "core" group of friends. Thank god.