Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nah, the ones who care already know what i'm doing in terms of weight loss and the rest don't give a crap so what's the point?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    no...
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    NO! Not because Im ashamed of my weightloss or my journey, just I HATE FACEBOOK! Terrible website

Not a FB fan either. A couple times a year I'll add some pics but other than that I don't visit the site.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    whats facebook?
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only because my Facebook is so ridiculously set to private, only my family members can see anything. I only have a Facebook to keep in touch with my family who lives very far away, and keeping it linked is a way for us to see what everyone is up too!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    No. I try to keep my FB postings to things I think are worth sharing. My daily progress here is not something I need to bug my friends with. If I want to share my triumphs I will take the time to post on my wall.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't want to hear my mother's disapproval, yet again, on this subject. Also, my "friends" on FB are mostly judgemental gossips and I don't care to be the spotlight of that. I hardly get on FB anymore anyway. You win MFP. :drinker:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yeah my mfp is link to FB just because its a pride thing and I try to motivate my friends. no one joined yet but I love showing off my food diary and how many calories I burned by doing everyday tasks!:tongue:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I have a handful of "friends" who would sign up just to be nosey and not really take this seriously.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't want those *kitten* -- and by "*kitten*" I mean annoying family and nosy friends -- to know that you lot are way cooler and more interesting to interact with.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    No because my friends would be all like "dude, wtf?" if they saw me completing my diary. And then there'd probably be an intervention of some sort. Nobody wants that.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Nope, never have. I doubt all of my real and fake FB friends give a hoot about my MFP efforts. But I know my MFP friends do!

I do, however, have my C25K sessions auto-publish to FB. I have to brag a little! :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    No because it's still broken. There is 10+ pages in the help section started by Mike on how to fix it with over 90% of people advising it still doesn't work.

When I had mine activated a year ago my friends thought it was funny, they didn't understand why I was telling them I burned 550 calories doing the elliptical, they didn't notice the MFP feed note.

It was a GREAT feature b/c I could make my MFP status go to FB so I could communicate with the outside world so to speak since FB is blocked at work.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Nope........I dont be on FB anymore like I use to.....MFP has won my attention a long time ago.....
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yeah my mfp is link to FB just because its a pride thing and I try to motivate my friends. no one joined yet but I love showing off my food diary and how many calories I burned by doing everyday tasks!:tongue:

This. I always motivate my friends.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mine was but I recently turned it off. I kept getting messages that it was annoying people. Or, theyd comment on every single thing I ate and did. Thats what I have you guys for. lol
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Mine was but I recently turned it off. I kept getting messages that it was annoying people. Or, theyd comment on every single thing I ate and did. Thats what I have you guys for. lol

My facebook friends (mostly family) are the opposite. No one comments on my MFP linked posts, except people I'm also friends with on MFP. It's a little annoying, because I'd love to have some support from the other family members I have that are trying to lose weight, too.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Nope........I dont be on FB anymore like I use to.....MFP has won my attention a long time ago.....

I agree!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes the calories I burn and when I lose or gain weight is linked to my Facebook account. A lot of my friends on Facebook are also heavily into fitness like I am and I am also a Beachbody Coach - so this motivates people on my team to see me logging in on a daily basis. The way I look at it is like this when it comes to people not wanting to see my workout schedule, etc. I don't want to read half of their stuff either so I just scroll through it. I'm proud of my accomplishments and my team members love that I post on Facebook my calories burned, etc.