Venting - Just some free advice

Options
cessnaholly
cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
If you are in a conference room and there are people trying to work outside the door - especially those folks unfortunate enough to have their workstation right outside said conference room -

CLOSE THE DARN DOOR!

I am not interested in your weekend, or your sales goals, or your kids. I want to do my job and concentrate on my work. Please be considerate and close the door.

That's all. You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Replies

• LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hahahahaha - I know what you mean!!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    More unsolicited advice. If you are driving in the hammer lane, DROP THE HAMMER. Like I have nothing better to do than follow you.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Like!

Similarly, if you are taking or making a mobile phone call, please don't assume that the entire office wants to hear it and wander around the floor, in and out of offices, shouting at the top of your braying voice about targets and stakes in the ground and tanks on lawns or whatever bullshyt bingo phrase you think is cool this week. Top tip: nobody else gives even the tiniest danm about you.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I used to have an office adjacent to a conference room, so I feel your pain. The solution is: Close the door for them. After a few weeks they'll get the hint. Just don't give them dirty looks while you're doing it.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I get you 100%! And if you're on a conference call with the volume turned up....close the door!
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    I used to have an office adjacent to a conference room, so I feel your pain. The solution is: Close the door for them. After a few weeks they'll get the hint. Just don't give them dirty looks while you're doing it.

I do that. Several times a day. Problem is, it is always different folks. And it amuses me that they ALWAYS seem so surprised that they are being loud.

Really?

LOL - maybe I should count getting up to close the door in my exercise?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    You don't care about the rash I got from this chick last year in Tijuana?!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I used to have an office just a few feet across from the bathroom.
    I had to shut MY door alot if ya know what I mean! :frown:
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    You don't care about the rash I got from this chick last year in Tijuana?!

LOL
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    I used to have an office just a few feet across from the bathroom.
    I had to shut MY door alot if ya know what I mean! :frown:

Guess I should count myself lucky. LOL - That's stinky for you. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ugghhh I agree! I sit right outside a conference room. we even put a note on the door and it doesn't help. sometimes I just get up and say "do you mind if I close the door!" haha, I'm sure I have a nasty look on my face too. :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    If you are in a conference room and there are people trying to work outside the door - especially those folks unfortunate enough to have their workstation right outside said conference room -

CLOSE THE DARN DOOR!

I am not interested in your weekend, or your sales goals, or your kids. I want to do my job and concentrate on my work. Please be considerate and close the door.

That's all. You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.

OMG! Story of my life. My cubicle is right across from the conference room!