New Challenge! Looking for ppl serious about losing and supp

Options
Hi all!

My name is Lynda and I've been on MFP for a few months now. I've been a part of 2 fantastic challenges and now I'm starting a new one and am looking for people who are serious about losing and supporting one another. Here's how it will work:

Challenges will exist on a more or less monthly basis ( I say more or less because the first one will go from Nov 18 - Dec 23, we'll take the week of xmas-new year's off and then regroup for January. from that point on I see it as a monthly thing). The challenges will have a cardio, strength and nutritional element. Basically it will set a goal for 3 cardio workouts a week, 3 strength/toning workouts a week and nutritional goal every day. For the strength and toning challenges we will focus on a "problem area" during each challenge. So one month might be core work, another could be arms, etc... I'm also totally open to ideas so as the challenge progresses I would be super thrilled to have other participants suggest exercises and activities that they'd liek to see incorporated.

A new thread will be posted weekly so we can a) record our weighton a predetermined day to track one another's progress and b) to offer morivation and support to others. I'm looking for people who are serious about offering support to their fellow participants and not jsut folks that will check in once in a blue moon. I'm not saying it has to be 3 times a day or anything but at least a few times a week to keep tabs on others and make friends along the way.

Who's in?

Replies

• zumbalove29
    zumbalove29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in please... Thanks
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I am in as well. :)
  • Lisasparkle87
    Options
    I'm in x
  • 123welk
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this also!! Please count me in!! :flowerforyou:
  • mfpslash1313
    mfpslash1313 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    New here...major life changes
    seriously up for the challenge
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Are you going to form a "Group" so it's easier to find our thread, or will it just be here in the Motivation & Support thread? I'll keep checking here to get the details! Sounds great!

Lori
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a new challenge... count me in as well.. :) YAY!
  • literarylin
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I need to be held accountable to keep moving that ticker down!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Njbelle
    Njbelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes please! xx
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is so exciting! I didn't expect so many ppl to jump on board so quickly! YAY!!!! :happy:

I'm gonna look into how the new groups function works and try to determine if that would be better than jsut keeping threads in the M&S topic. Keep checking here for more details.

What a great start to the day!
    Lynda
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this too
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    sign me up! :)
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm in, hon!! You know I'll do whatever you ask me to.. ;)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    ok ladies, I've created a group for us called Ready & Willing to Change. I made it a private group and I (think) I sent you all invites. At least, I tried to... It may not have worked. Check for an invite and if you didn't recieve one then let me know and I'll try again. Gotta love technology :tongue:

I've also started our first discussion in there. It's called getting to know each other. As you join please leave a note explaining a bit about who you are and what your goals are. Also, feel free to add me as a friend. I can't wait to get to know all of you :flowerforyou:

I'll post the official challenge later this week.
    Lynda
  • zumbalove29
    zumbalove29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I didnt get an invite?? Im new to this site so maybe Im looking in the wrong place?
  • FitFeden
    FitFeden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is this only for women? I'd like to be a in a supportive group as well! If it's only for women, I understand, if not then I'd like an invite!