Joint Popping

Options
My left knee has always popped/cracked whenever it's turned the slightest bit to the side. It doesn't hurt. It's just kind of annoying. Now, the more weight I lose, the more my right hip pops and cracks. It doesn't necessarily hurt, but it's not comfortable either. The left hip does it too, but not nearly as bad. Does anyone know what's causing this and/or how to make it stop. I'm not really doing any body stressing exercising. Mainly Zumba and occasionally walking/jogging.

Replies

• Jessieamoore
    Options
    *bump*
    I have that same problem. It's always my hip.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have this too xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i click and pop and crunch all the time. i figure if it doesnt hurt, even though it sounds gross, its ok!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/425412-cracking-snapping-noises-during-exercises/

I have the same thing but it went away with time and as my body got used to my work outs

click the link above
  • hjames0486
    Options
    I have this issue too but with my ankles. No matter how I move my ankles I sound like bowl of rice crispies. I just snap, crackle and pop all the time...lol
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I read the title of the thread as 'Joint pooping' I'm not sure what I expected to find when I opened it!!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not just knees for me, but my shoulder pops too when doing weight training. SO annoying! I don't think it's a problem though, but how our joints work.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor but I would think that its not something to worry about unless you have pain with it. However I would suggest you strengthen the muscles in that area so that it keeps it from an injury. It may be something in the future that will bother you unless you keep it strong. I know with my ankle they said the weaker it is the more likely it will get injured and that is kinda what therapy tells you :( Good Luck I hope it never becomes an issue.
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Me too. Bumpin over here!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You might be out of "allignment". Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I have this same problem with my hips and knees, but after I visit my doctor and lay on these blocks for a few minutes it stops....just an idea :)
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I forgot to mention that my right hip was professionally dislocated twice about 10 years ago to fix my femur that broke. I figure that's why the right side is worse than the left. I think I will try going to a chiropractor, loseiteli! I went a few years ago and they helped everything!