Calories for Dinner

Options
Just curious how many calories should you leave yourself for dinner?

I want to get a good guage on how much I am giving myself throughout the day.

Replies

• puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many calories should you leave yourself for dinner?

I want to get a good guage on how much I am giving myself throughout the day.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 300-400 calories for dinner. It really just depends. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day.

*Kistinbee*
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I usually have about 450 left for supper , so it will last until the next day , thats just me.
  • erkuhns79
    Options
    I try to leave at least 500 for dinner and a small snack after dinner.
  • hgrant4
    Options
    I am usually around 500. I save for the night because it is the time I am the most weak. I find that a healthy dinner that fills me makes me less prone to wanting to snack at night. Thats just me though.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I usually leave around 400 for dinner. With about 70 calories allocated for a dessert about an hour after dinner, either fruit, sugar free popsicle or my favorite new treat is a sugar free pudding cup with half a graham cracker crumbled on top. Tastes just like chocolate cream pie!:smile:

I do workout every day so that gives me about 350 - 400 calories extra.

I find that eating smaller meals 6 times a day has really worked for losing weight. I try to eat every 2 -3 hours and have around 200 - 300 calories in each meal.
  • hgrant4
    Options
    The pudding thing sounds gooooood. I will have to try that some time this week.
  • mustanggirl92
    Options
    I also leave around 500 for dinner so that way I can allow a after dinner snack before 8pm. My husband works late so dinner is our biggest meal. I wish that could change, but it probably never will. I try to make a healthy dinner since it's so late. We usually have a small bowl of cereal or fruit before 8pm.
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this might sound kinda bad but i dont eat dinner but i eat a big breakfast and a good size lunch and thats eats when im done i dont have enough calories left over to eat dinner so i dont eat dinner but it doesnt bother me cause i eat so much for lunch and breakfast that im not hungery in the later day but thats just me
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    400 for me....

dd
  • devena
    devena Posts: 9
    Options
    lately 600 but more times than any 500.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I have left over. I try to eat a lot of calories for breakfast and lunch with my two snacks and then I go home and eat a healthy dinner with a lot of fruits and yogurts. I am thinking its the 300 - 400 range.
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    I have 1300 for the day and I try to keep breakfast and lunch under 300 cals each, plus I eat a couple of snacks a day, about 100 cals each, leaving me with a minimum of 500 for dinner (plus any I 'earn' exercising). Dinner for me is usually a big meal with the family so I like to leave as many as possible.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    about 400, 500 if I don't plan on eatting an early dinner because I know I am skipping the after dinner snack.

I eat 5-6 small meals a day and dinner is usually the largest.
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. It was really helpful.