Sleepy after exercising ?

Options
Is it just my laziness trying to bump me off the track? Or is it something more to it? I exersice and towards the end of it I start getting really sleepy and feel extremely tired even if the exercises aren't really that tiring... Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to :D

Replies

• riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have a little healthy snack before exercising. And one after. Sounds like you are having some blood sugar issues??
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    blood sugar. protein bar or some carbs before hand is best. try a pria or luna bar.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me a couple of times, but I wasn't getting enough sleep. Are you getting at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep most nights?

Exercising release endorphins and should make you feel good and energized.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to fuel your workouts?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough carbs to fuel your workout.

But I will tell you that I too get very tired after working out. So, I do my hard workouts before going to bed. I work out, take my shower, and I sleep strong for 6 hours without interruption. The best sleep of my life.
  • Lets_get_going
    Lets_get_going Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's sleep. I get plenty of sleep, I start out very energized and then it just goes downhill. I'll try having a snack before the exercise maybe that will help... thanks. :)