Anyone else go to the grocery store every other day?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    In the U.S. we only go once every week or two weeks as needed.
    Do we, now? I don't. I find it odd to say that for an entire country.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do! I LOVE grocery trips! There are at least 2 stores on my way home from work, and I probably hit the store 2-3 times a week. I like to buy the freshest meats and produce that way, and use them right away. I keep a stock of dry and canned goods at home and then go to the store frequently for veggies and meats.

Like you, I really like it that way. It's too stressful and actually MORE time consuming for me to plan all my meals and make a huge list and then an hour long shopping trip on Sunday. I'd rather go on 3 20-minute trips during the week, get what looks the freshest/best, and make it! It's kind of a stress-reliever after work.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    Haha! It was my 2011 New Years Resolution to only go once a week instead of every other day. It only lasted about a month!:laugh: :laugh:
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If I could walk to the store, heck yes I would go every day. Then again, during the summer I'm there everyday working :P Which isn't too bad actually because I can do little bits of shopping everyday. I hate shopping once a week because if I buy fruit or whatever, that's all I'll be eating for the next few days so it doesn't rot.

Just to note, if you're there everyday with the same cashier, they probably do recognize you. But this isn't a bad thing! If you're polite and not a difficult customer, they'll look forward to having you in line. I know when certain people walk up that they're going to complain or be helpful. Personal pet peeve, though, people that are talking on their cell phone. We're not a piece of machinery, please be considerate.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    In the U.S. we only go once every week or two weeks as needed.
    Do we, now? I don't. I find it odd to say that for an entire country.

By 'we' I meant my household. When our family is in the U.S., we go once every week or two weeks as needed. Sorry I was unclear and wasn't meaning to speak for the whole country. I only live in one part and visit a few other parts.
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks I myself would go crazy to go to the store often. I usually go one for 2 weeks and may pop in or my partner on the other week if we need something. I know for me being around the food alot would make it worse for me. Which I am grateful that I do not work around food and those that do I give you credit.

We are all different and need to do what is best for us.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ME!

I hate it. I'm trying to make a list in advance...but sometimes I change my mind on what I want to eat lol!

Everybody knows me at the surrounding grocery stores :indifferent:
  • kubicak
    Options
    I wasn't bagging on anyone for the way they do things, I was just saying the way I see it, as you posted the way you see it. I do think it's outrageous, because growing up, we went to the grocery store 2 -maybe- 3 times a week and we always had fresh fruits and vegetables, so that was instilled in me as the way to do it. That's my opinion, it doesn't have to be yours. Unfortunately, things do go bad quicker or you go through it quicker and if you want to keep up on things, so you do need to go. But going to the store every other day? It does seem excessive, whether you're spending $5 each time or more. As someone else said, I already shove so much into my day that if I had to rely on going to the store that often, I'd never go. I hate shopping anyway so the very thought of having to go more often makes me shudder.
  • honey71
    Options
    I would spend a fortune if I went daily. Most of my pay seems to be spent in Tesco. I am trying to shop better though!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I go to the grocery store every few days -- mostly because it's near the YMCA. The downside of that is I have to watch I don't buy more fresh produce than I can actually use while it's still fresh.