Dear I'm going to have a meeting because I don't want to wor

Options
Your meetings are pointless, you do realize that we cannot get our work done while sitting in a meeting, right? It is not necessary to have 3 all day meetings to map a process. I will map that process for you in half a day with no help, but then what would you do to look busy? I will also hold the presentation the same day and we can all go home by 5. I am tired of logging into the network on MY time in the evening to finish work that I could have gotten done during the day but instead I was in your stupid meeting :explode: There is this new awesome invention called WebEx.....let's use it!!!! Then I can have the volume on and continue to ignore you as I always do when sitting in a pointless meeting and actually get work done, so I can have MY evenings to myself and kids!!

**end rant**

Replies

• noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    That's how I always feel @ my meetings. I sometimes have 3 of them in a week!:mad:
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What's the calorie burn per minute on seething? :wink:
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    The best part is I typed that while sitting in this stupid meeting I am still sitting in. Some may call it poor meeting etiquette but I would not be doing this if the meeting was worth while or the person deserved respect but they just don't. Sorry you need us smart people to map your process for you.
  • abrantner
    Options
    Ahh.. so I am not the only one who has to sit in on meetings about meetings and then a follow up meeting to wrap up the previous meetings. :):)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    We're going to keep having these meetings everyday until we figure out why no work is getting done! :laugh:
    I love the pre meetings to discuss the meeting.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like the 5-minute pre-meeting with m'colleague to discuss strategy to keep the meeting as short as possible - then the 10 minute post-mortem of 'Can you BELIEVE that?'. Before we go and wrap up the actions.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I hate attending meetings that could be resolved by sending out an email.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Demotivation10.jpg
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Meetings are such a colossal waste of time.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    The only thing good about a meeting is the donuts......

NO WAIT, the donuts are BAD!!! yes, they are bad......do not eat them!

Garfield.gif
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Our meetings never resolve anything, they actually always make things worse..

Had a recent meeting went on from 9,30 until 2.30. and I made a suggestion that I backed up with great evidence, we worked through it, almost finalised it, then at the next meeting, my boss had taken my idea, changed part of it so that it will no longer work and then we talked about how it won't work for four hours....I could have done SO much in that time......