NSV!!

Options
_xoxok
_xoxok Posts: 152 Member
Let me start by saying: ME & THE SCALE HATE EACH OTHER!! When I tried losing weight before, I would get discouraged when I didn't see any weight loss, and I would quit!! NOT ANYMORE.. I've learned to put down the scale, & pick up the tape measure.

I woke up this morning feeling great, so I decided to measure myself. I've lost 1 inch off my upper waist, 1.5 inches off my lower waist, and 1 inch off my hips all within 7 DAYS!

I LOVE YOU TAPE MEASURE!! :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390795-progress-pics-i-think
^ Click that link to see my progress pics..

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    great job
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Measuring works great because a lot of the time you'll lose fat at the same time as you gain muscle and even if you gain a small amount of muscle compared to the loss of a larger amount of fat, you could see no actual weight loss at all, even though your body is losing the fat and becoming healthier. Keep on measuring!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is amazing I have also lost another inch from my waist whilst staying the same on the scale. It makes you feel so much better when the measure goes down. I know I have been working hard in the gym. No need for the scale to stick but it does x
  • BlondieZee
    Options
    Ahhh the good ol' tape measure! My new BFF! Me and the scale decided to part ways.. We only meet once every two weeks now.. its for the best! Inches are better than pounds anyways!! Congrats on the lost inches :bigsmile:
  • LaLaLewi
    Options
    You just reminded me I really need to start measuring! I never did original measurements and I want to make sure I can see those changes when you aren't losing pounds - I know they happen!
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The tape measure is amazing.. It really shows how much progress you've made. It deff. keeps me motivated!!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!