Supper at my house

Options
Tonight is DH's birthday, so I'm making Brisket. It's a big flat slab of meat. I sprinkled it with teriyaki sauce then, sprinkled on Garlic pepper, salt, and red pepper, and rubbed it in. Then I took a few pieces of bacon and placed them on the half of the brisket then folded it in half over the bacon. Then I sprinkled (that's my word of the day:bigsmile: ) )Olive oil on the out side and wrapped it in foil and put in the oven to bake all day. I also stuck potatoes in and when I get home I'm going to scoop out the insides of those and add garlic salt, butter, sour cream and some cheese and make twice baked potatoes. I can't wait

I haven't eaten very much today, because I know supper is going to be high calorie, but it is going to be so good, and I'm only going to have a little bit of everything. And just 1 bite of cake and Ice cream.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Tonight is DH's birthday, so I'm making Brisket. It's a big flat slab of meat. I sprinkled it with teriyaki sauce then, sprinkled on Garlic pepper, salt, and red pepper, and rubbed it in. Then I took a few pieces of bacon and placed them on the half of the brisket then folded it in half over the bacon. Then I sprinkled (that's my word of the day:bigsmile: ) )Olive oil on the out side and wrapped it in foil and put in the oven to bake all day. I also stuck potatoes in and when I get home I'm going to scoop out the insides of those and add garlic salt, butter, sour cream and some cheese and make twice baked potatoes. I can't wait

I haven't eaten very much today, because I know supper is going to be high calorie, but it is going to be so good, and I'm only going to have a little bit of everything. And just 1 bite of cake and Ice cream.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Enjoy and happy birthday to your man! :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    How sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Brisket is something I've never cooked before. I might have to give it a try!

We are having Chicken Cacciatore that I put extra peppers (red, yellow, orange) and zucchini in with fettuccini.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...what time should I be there for dinner? I'll bring wine! :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Mmmm...what time should I be there for dinner? I'll bring wine! :laugh:

About 6:30, wine sounds good. I could skip the cake and drink wine:bigsmile: I'm sure there will be plenty of food.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm so craving a big ol' hunk of fatty meat right now. Mmmm...
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I know I can't wait. I eat a lot of meat, but usually nothing this fatty. It is going to be soooo good. I've been cooking it since 7:00 this morning, so it will probably just melt in my mouth