Replies

• sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    same but there are a couple of guys that have friended me that I probably will have to defriend. I just want encouragement, not creepy stuff!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If we've interracted and the guy actually put a message in the request (or a pm) that wasn't creepy, I would not deny the friendship. I usually don't look at friend lists, though.

I've had complete strangers on FB who were men with only female friends request me, though, and those I deny.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Why should it? We're all here to encourage each other...
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would notice. I don't look at peoples friends
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    No issue, I didn't know you could look at someone else's friend list! Ha!

Feel free to add me! I don't have many mfp friends yet!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Depends on the guy. If he's a creep, no love. If he's just a guy that gets along better with chicks, I'm cool with it.

This. Also, in a shallow *overthinking* it way, if a guy's list is all good looking women, I assume he thinks I'm good looking too. Then I pat myself on the back for being hot.

definitely this!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Depends on the guy. If he's a creep, no love. If he's just a guy that gets along better with chicks, I'm cool with it.

This. Also, in a shallow *overthinking* it way, if a guy's list is all good looking women, I assume he thinks I'm good looking too. Then I pat myself on the back for being hot.

I love you, dear.

I accept FRs based solely on their message/my opinion of them from the forums. I don't send many FRs these days.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me a bit. I don't even look at a friend's list before accepting a request.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Why should it? We're all here to encourage each other...

Pretty much what I was going to say :)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The sex of the person doesn't matter to me, I am just here for encouragement.
  • jmassardo
    Options
    The overwhelming majority of people on this site are female so most of the guys that are on here have far more female friends than male friends.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nope doesn't bother me I like to have variety!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Nope, this site is 75% ladies so it's bound to happen. I'd be more worried if he was a creeper, sent a weird note or was known to post creepy messages on the forums.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Depends on his intentions. If he's just out to be a lady hunter seeing if he can get 300 hot chicks, that's one thing. If he has a good heart, and is part of your great support system- and proves himself to be, that's another thing. Women tend to be great motivators and some men don't always support other men the way women are just inclined to...

So I guess for me, it varies on the person.
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Not at all. As long as we have friends in common and people I know vouch for that person it doesn't matter to me.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Depends if everything they say on their wall is sexual innuendo and flirting, uh byebye.

+1
    ditto
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Depends if everything they say on their wall is sexual innuendo and flirting, uh byebye.

+2
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... well I'm gay so this kind of doesn't apply but if my gf only had female friends I wouldn't get suspicious at all. I trust her with my life. I would be more pissed off is someone was makin the moves on her but I know she would handle it. I'm past all that jealousy bs.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i pretty much accept anyone, but then quietly delete if they turn out to be creepy/flirty/ old-man-thinking-he-can-get-college-gals.....