fellow Vegans! holla!

Options
Hello fellow Vegans! (Expect a friend request from me, just sayin!) SO I was vegan for four years about 3 years ago, now getting back into it. I need things to read and meals to experiment with! What are some of your favorite cookbooks/literature???? <3

Replies

• bookdame
    Options
    bump!

I'm not vegan but trying to get back into it.

I love all the stuff in Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance--- Particularly the scrambled tofu breakfast.

The post punk kitchen show's site is great with lots of good recipes: http://www.theppk.com/
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go vegan, I am starting with vegetarian... A good place for recipes is fat freevegan.com and vegangal.com
  • jstop
    jstop Posts: 1
    Options
    Fat Free Vegan Kitchen - (blog), is just wonderful. Other interesting ideas found on Vegan *kitten* (blog) and there's a great book called 'Appetite for Reduction' which is reviewed by Vegan *kitten*. I'm not vegan by the way, I just eat that way a lot of the time.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    HI! I like The Kind Diet. I don't have many others...yet. I get most of my recipes online. Feel free to join our Happy Herbivores group...there's a thread with resources and recipes...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow vegan! The above suggestions are great. There are more general recipes sites that are good too-- like 101 Cookbooks, Asian Kitchen Recipes (www.asiankitchenrecipes.com/vegetarian_recipe -- some of these do include fish sauce, but it's easy to sub for), and www.vahrehvah.com (all Indian).

There are terrific veg Mexican, Italian, Thai and Viet dishes to discover, and a TON of veg Greek, Middle Eastern and Indian dishes to learn that are great for weekday cooking... you know, so no one gets bored. :bigsmile:
  • autumn760
    Options
    Hey! vegetariantimes.com is a great site with a lot of yummy recipes.
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    So many great suggestions!!! Thank you guys. I really want to order Veganomicon and Appetite for Reduction. Thanks for all the blogs and websites as well! I love new recipes.