Accept a FR without a profile pic?

Options
As a partial response to the sex of the FR thread, I have a bigger issue accepting a FR from someone who doesn't have a picture of themselves in their profile.

Be who you are and be proud. I don't care that you think you're over weight and therefore imperfect. Guess what, none of us is perfect .... achem, except for maybe a short list of my friends. :tongue: At least we met here and not at some donut shop.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Don't see how that really matters. Some people don't like to have their picture on the intenet.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good point! :happy:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't using their own picture... I don't see the difference. I'm not picky about F/R - I'm only picky if someone annoys me and then I'll just delete them :)
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I generally chalk it up to them being new and not uploading one yet *shrugs* I'll pretty much accept any FR and then if they aren't really committed and don't log on or turn out to be mean and unsupportive I delete them
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I won't accept if there is no profile pic and no message.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why it is so critical to have a picture of oneself. Who cares what his or her picture is. I like guns, so that is my profile picture. My picture does not make the kind of person I am or how supportive I may or may not be.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just haven't taken the time to do one yet. I'm not sure how much it really matters. I friend people whether they have a pic or not, they're looking for a friend not eye candy. LOL Plus like someone else said, some people use pictures that are either not current or not of themselves - some use their pics for motivation or for fun/expression.

Might get frisky and put up a pic here soon. I just hate the hassle of dealing with different avatar specs on different forums so I rarely update the ones I do have. LOL

The funny thing is I don't actually friend-request many people, only if I know them from somewhere else or if I just really like something they've said in the forums, most of my 'new' friends are people that request *me*, just me, w/o a pic. I guess they liked something I said, too. :-)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I won't accept unless they have SOME profile pic. It does not have to be a pic of them though.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That's up to you. I don't need to know what anyone looks like, though.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I would accept a FR with no photo for sure!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'm not the most savy computer literate person, so I haven't figured out how to do it. The only pictures I have of me are on my phone and since I don't have internet on my phone, it makes it hard to do it. Maybe others are like me?

I don't deny anyone as a friend just because they don't have a picture of themselves, because some are camera shy, some could feel it's an invasion of privacy, some don't do it because of horror stories they heard about the net. Who am I to judge?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer to see a little info in the profile and no pic rather than a pic and no info.
  • NishaMisha
    Options
    I chose to not put my picture on the site. I don't really care for my pictures and just don't want to have one up right now. I plan on doing a side by side comparison one when I hit 100 lbs lost and then I may post that one to the site, but until then, nope and if someone doesn't want to accept my friend request strickly because I chose to not have a picture of myself up, then it's their loss.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't like friending the blue man - some kind of picture is nice
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    A picture is not a requirement for me. Some people aren't comfortable with images of themselves out there on the internetz.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get yourself a stalker. You will rethink your whole picture on the internet thing.
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    I guess I don't see what the big deal is. I haven't gotten around to adding one but I think if people won't friend me because they don't like a picture I have or do not have up then that isn't the support I need in the first place.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That's up to you. I don't need to know what anyone looks like, though.

Your picture is beautiful. Looks just like someone I used to love. lol
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a picture for months because I didn't get around to getting on my pc and uploading one. I usually use my phone and don't take pictures of myself. My mom took my picture while I was in the fridge and I thought it was fitting but it still took me a while to actually do it. I barely started filling out my profile too. People get busy.
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    I chose to not put my picture on the site. I don't really care for my pictures and just don't want to have one up right now. I plan on doing a side by side comparison one when I hit 100 lbs lost and then I may post that one to the site, but until then, nope and if someone doesn't want to accept my friend request strickly because I chose to not have a picture of myself up, then it's their loss.

Agreed.:smile: