*sigh* i can't be the only one...

Options

Replies

• demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with a l o t of fruit in in and toss in some whey/soy protein powder. Put it in a travel mug, and drink it as you want over the morning. I find that helps me ward off hunger before lunch time.
  • bucklebirch
    Options
    Putting a tablespoon of pb or a mashed banana (can be done quickly with a spoon) in the oatmeal make it a lot more filling!
  • Allersfera
    Options
    I usually have eggs for breakfast, but if not, I have oatmeal and I add a little scoop of soy protein when cooking it and it does keeps me full for over for over 4 hours !
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 breakfasts. I just pretend one of them is a snack. Often when I have oatmeal or yogurt, I put a scoop of protein powder in. That helps to keep me fuller for longer. In fact, I just put a scoop of chocolate protein powder in my yogurt. It’s very delicious. :smile:
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    wow, ask and you shall receive :D

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!! seriously. and clearly the theme is, pair these things with other things.

i appreciate the time you took for me and your suggestions so much!!! we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning :)

*hugs*
  • sweethinkr
    Options
    My doctor has always told me, always eat them in combonation. Never eat carbs or protein alone. Not sure why or the science behind it, but I remember him saying something specifically about carbs and how they breakdown too fast without a protein mixed in. Might be the same for protein. I don't always follow this, but I do seem to feel fuller when I don't just eat oatmeal or egg for bfast.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to eat a " breakfast" food.I say you have leftover dinner. :wink:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean worked for me. High protein cereal. Gave me gas though.
  • april_beth
    Options
    Who says you have to eat a " breakfast" food.I say you have leftover dinner. :wink:

did you forget i love chili for breakfast :)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Add peppers, onions, tomatoes and a small amount of cheese to your eggs for a great omelette

Make or buy granola and add a 1/4 cup to your yogurt. I make my own and include raisins, dried cranberries & cut up dates.

The granola adds a lot of calories but is delicious and keeps my hunger at bay for hours.
  • april_beth
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean worked for me. High protein cereal. Gave me gas though.

maybe ill try that and it'll serve the people who come in and workout on the machine next to me after theyve smoked a butt right :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Protein bar? I've been getting the Luna bars lately, and love them. Another thing I like that's easy is a multi-grain 'sandwich thin' with 2 tbsp of peanut butter.

Note: Fiber One bars gave me bad gas too..they do that to a lot of people!

Good luck!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I add almonds to greek yogurt. My favorite is Key Lime. Leftovers work. Peanut butter on whole grain waffles. skim milk
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder (usually half a scoop) to my oatmeal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any of those and I stay full and have met my weight loss goal. There are PLENTY of other heathy foods out there.
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    if i'm eating eggs i always combine them with a whole grain carb.

If i eat something like oatmeal, i usually have another snack later on. oatmeal at 9, kashi granola bar at 11.
    greek yogurt and 12 almonds at 9, apples and peanut butter at 11. and so on.

but yea keep up with your non breakfast foods for breakfast. toasted turkey sandwhich. try an apple melt, toast 2 pieces of bread, put cheese on one side, apples and hummus on the other. yummier than it might sound.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    After much experimentation I find that I absolutely must have some of each macro at breakfast. And if I have a bit more fat (around 10g) I stay full longer. For example, I'll have some scrambled egg whites with cheddar cheese and a slice of toast or piece of fruit. When I tried protein heavy with low carbs, I was starving within two hours. Oatmeal is a bit better for me, but still does not come close to making it to lunch time. If I have oatmeal these days I'll also have a boiled egg and glass of milk.

So maybe just try some different combinations of things. Maybe a breakfast sandwich or breakfast taco?
  • hjames0486
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt for breakfast every morning but I always pair it with a fiber one bar. I'm usually fine until 12 or 12:30. I make sure that I drink plenty of water, so that might be what is keeping me full as well.
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cracked wheat hot cereal = nutrition bonanza and feeling full all morning. Try Bob's Red Mill:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/Cereals
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I add 2 Tbls ground flax and berries to my oatmeal. By 10:30 (4 hours later) I'm starting to get hungry and I have yogurt with more berries, plus a little homemade granola. I also like to cut an apple into wedges and nibble on them for a snack, and find that filling.

Not everyone likes oatmeal though... experiment with different breakfast foods. And have a healthy snack ready for when the stomach starts growling at you again!

Good luck.