tips on how to survive thanksgiving????

Options
13»

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Gorge or don't. I have trouble believing that you'd eat the many thousands of extra calories necessary to make a significant difference...assuming you're doing ok the rest of the time.

It's sort of unfair of us to put all the blame/shame/responsibility on one day.

Speaking for myself, I plan on eating quite a bit on Thanksgiving. Limiting my possible daily consumption of cookies and other goodies for the next few months is more worrisome.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'm going to do: WORK OUT LIKE A FIEND the day before AND morning of. Burn at LEAST 600 cals per workout, and eat a normal breakfast (late in the day) and no lunch. Then eat whatever I want at dinner. OMNOMNOM
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Another tip on surviving Thanksgiving:

Wear elastic waisted pants/skirt. Cutting off abdominal circulation is a real killer. :laugh:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My plan? Fill up on nice fresh roasted veg (including sweet potatoes) & turkey (or pork roast I haven't decided) mmmmm - hopefully I won't miss the other stuff! Add excercise and plenty of water & pick something for a treat - thinking about dressing made with veg broth.
  • lawannaw
    Options
    I plan on eating 6 or less small meals instead of piling it all on at one sitting. You can still enjoy all of the holiday favorites just use the Saucer instead of the Dinner plate. Enjoy but dont over do it and at some point make sure you squezze in some Cardio. Might help to go to someone elses house and/or invite a lot of people over so there are very little if any left overs around to temp you. Good Luck All!