Replies

• kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    uh?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I would have had to peel my wife off those two b*tches, if that had been my daughter.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Not surprising. I do believe I have seen teachers acting like bullies... yes, I am quite sure I have.

Lame, but true.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I would have had to peel my wife off those two b*tches, if that had been my daughter.

Right on.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Smart dad for putting a recorder on her!!!

That teacher should never be allowed to teach
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    =-0 this breaks my heart!
  • gnlglory
    Options
    I had to have my daughter removed from her 4th grade class and put in with another teacher/class. She was being bullied by her teacher and I went to the principal and he did nothing. I had to go all the way to the superintendant of the school board to get her moved, but I didn't back down. It's terrible that this happens in schools, but it does!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    don't even want to watch it.... i am sure it has happened and continues too, unfortunately.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been witness to some teachers (certainly in the minority) that are real twits. Good on the parents that keep their eyes peeled, and get the twits weeded out.

Teachers' employment, like the rest of us, should be dependent on their performance. The unions and their death grip on entitlements (like tenure) do our children no favors.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been witness to some teachers (certainly in the minority) that are real twits. Good on the parents that keep their eyes peeled, and get the twits weeded out.

Teachers' employment, like the rest of us, should be dependent on their performance. The unions and their death grip on entitlements (like tenure) do our children no favors.

Yes
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    This is sad!!!!! Breaks my heart that some teachers have no self control to not treat a child that way
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Definitely.

The recording is horrible. I'm glad there was a stop put to that but I'm sure it happens all the time, especially with special needs students, unfortunately...
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

And this is the problem - nothing happens. Bad union teachers w/tenure stay bad union teachers w/tenure.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I used to get beaten regulary by a woman, my teacher, who was female in grade school

her name was Sister Stanislaus, and she took pride in her work.............. I went to Catholic School

If only we had people who believed us back in the day.........sigh
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Glad the family is pressing charges. But I hope people aren't completely shocked that this stuff goes on. I think it's pretty rare, but it happens. There are abuses of power in every profession. Sadly, a lot of schools are cutting or underfunding special ed departments and/or using "inclusion" in name only and not adequately training teachers. I'm not excusing the behavior of these poor excuses for teachers. But I do know that untrained teachers dealing with special needs kids is a set up for failure. Why isn't anyone asking about that aspect of this story? Those teachers don't have a clue how to teach kids with special needs. I'd guess they've had, at most, some general SPED emergency certification class.

I feel for that dad, and respect him a great deal. He was emotional without being unreasonable. Remember this, folks! Don't let your outrage undercut your credibility.

Parents don't need to be overzealous and always jump to the conclusion that their child is always in the right. But parents do need to be diligent in staying in touch with any adult that is supervising their kids in any capacity. I encourage all parents to drop by their child's classroom and help out for an hour or more if you can. Even though the dynamic will be slightly altered by your presence, you'll still get the experience of the classroom, see the politics of the kids and teachers, and probably come away feeling more appreciative of teachers in general.

Your kids spend more time with their teachers than you do. Get to know your teachers.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Yes

agreed. from a teacher. Who spent two years on unemployment that a union would've saved me from.
    Tenure's bad, mmmkay.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Glad the family is pressing charges. But I hope people aren't completely shocked that this stuff goes on. I think it's pretty rare, but it happens. There are abuses of power in every profession. Sadly, a lot of schools are cutting or underfunding special ed departments and/or using "inclusion" in name only and not adequately training teachers. I'm not excusing the behavior of these poor excuses for teachers. But I do know that untrained teachers dealing with special needs kids is a set up for failure. Why isn't anyone asking about that aspect of this story? Those teachers don't have a clue how to teach kids with special needs. I'd guess they've had, at most, some general SPED emergency certification class.

I feel for that dad, and respect him a great deal. He was emotional without being unreasonable. Remember this, folks! Don't let your outrage undercut your credibility.

Parents don't need to be overzealous and always jump to the conclusion that their child is always in the right. But parents do need to be diligent in staying in touch with any adult that is supervising their kids in any capacity. I encourage all parents to drop by their child's classroom and help out for an hour or more if you can. Even though the dynamic will be slightly altered by your presence, you'll still get the experience of the classroom, see the politics of the kids and teachers, and probably come away feeling more appreciative of teachers in general.

Your kids spend more time with their teachers than you do. Get to know your teachers.

^ I cannot express how much I agree / love this statement.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Teachers are not always so perfect. In 7th grade, I wrote a story for assignment. It was really just a couple of paragraphs. The teacher asked if anyone wanted her to read theirs aloud. Of course I wanted this. She read it with a puzzled look on her face the whole time, stumbling over words, not pausing at periods before starting the next sentence. She basically read it like it was one long run-on sentence. She completely ridiculed it when she was done. I tried really hard not to cry. She saw my eyes, and asked out loud, "aww, are you gonna cry?"

That may sound tame to you, but the whole class turned and laughed at me. It was awful. No...teachers are not always perfect.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Wow I cannot (not I was so surprised that I had to spell out cannot) imagine ever being like that to anyone, let alone a special needs kid! You gotta be a pretty sh!tty person to be able to do that. My mom would have been on them like a hobo on a hamburger.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Teachers are not always so perfect. In 7th grade, I wrote a story for assignment. It was really just a couple of paragraphs. The teacher asked if anyone wanted her to read theirs aloud. Of course I wanted this. She read it with a puzzled look on her face the whole time, stumbling over words, not pausing at periods before starting the next sentence. She basically read it like it was one long run-on sentence. She completely ridiculed it when she was done. I tried really hard not to cry. She saw my eyes, and asked out loud, "aww, are you gonna cry?"

That may sound tame to you, but the whole class turned and laughed at me. It was awful. No...teachers are not always perfect.

That does not sound tame. That sounds awful.