Finally started.... =)

CheleLynn44
CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
edited October 5 in Fitness and Exercise
Well I had said once I felt better I was gonna start walking. So today I did. After dropping my daughter at school I put on my sneakers and got my dog and off we went! I did only 20 minutes today but I haven't done ANYTHING in over a year. I am hoping I can keep this up and work my way up to longer and longer walks. I know it will help with my weightloss. I have no reason not to walk because I only work part time and I live in AZ and the weather is still so nice. So no more excuses, I am just gonna do it!! I may be obese but I don't have any physical reasons why I can't do it. And knowing I can log it on here motivates me as does putting it out there that I am doing it!!

Replies

• kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    You can do it! One day at a time, one walk at a time. Rah! Rah! :)
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    That's great! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Remember, when you get tired of walking, there are LOTS of other activities that you can do. So, always look for new things to liven up your workout. I found walking to be boring after a couple of weeks.
  • merrick7871
    merrick7871 Posts: 161 Member
    Off to a great start. 20 minutes of walking sure beats 20 minutes on the couch!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    My suggestion is to join a group on MFP, I am part of a challenge group who logs walking with their dogs!! Whatever you do, keep it up! (Heck, your dog may need an evening walk as well, right?) Great job!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Awesome way to start! You've already taken the crucial first step(pardon the pun) by deciding to do something. I took that step in July and didn't start eating right or working out until 3 or 4 days later. Congrats on being a newbie!
  • smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    I'm so so proud of you!!!
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 197 Member
    I think that's great! It's great exercise for you and your doggie! :)
This discussion has been closed.