Thanksgiving

Angel87a
Angel87a Posts: 113
edited October 5 in Recipes
I know of some sites like skinnytaste.com etc... I was just wondering if anyone has any healthy alternatives or regular recipes for desserts for Turkey Day, I wanna bake & bring something good this year! :)

Replies

• berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 454 Member
    Last year I made these delicious little mini cranberry/almond pies -- you use honey for the sweetener -- I can't find it online right now -- BUT I do have it at home. If you like cranberry - THEY ARE DELICIOUS and they are pretty healthy all things considered :) so I'll send you the recipe tonight if you want. I might have some other ones too... my pupmkin cookies are YUMMY and even with frosting they are like 120 cals per cookie --- Let me know if you want either of them!
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes are my favorite new tradition. You cut the potatoes into wedges, toss them with a little olive oil some herbs and brown sugar (the original recipe calls for three tablespoons for 2 lbs of potatoes but I use only one tablespoon.) Roast the potatoes at 400 for about 30 minutes. They are delicious. I will have to find a link to the recipe...
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    bumping for later- I may make the sweet potato wedges! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    try vegobsession
    or vegweb.com they have some great possibilities.

Pam
This discussion has been closed.