My kids were working the night this happened

Options
fitchick99
fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
Map: GTA homicides Crime Stoppers Feb 02, 2009 12:21 PM
Bob Mitchell
Staff Reporter

Three young men have been charged in connection with a robbery of a Brampton McDonald's restaurant.

Nobody was injured in the heist on Friday when five employees were rounded up and held in the restaurant's freezer.

Peel Police said employees were cleaning the store on Main St. soon after the restaurant closed at 1 a.m.

Three men entered the restaurant through an unlocked rear door at about 1:07 a.m.

The men threatened the manager at knife point and the other employees were forced into a walk-in refrigerator while the manager was forced to give the bandits cash.

He was then put into the refrigerator with the others.

The accused were arrested at three different Brampton residences yesterday.

Donnell McCreath, 18, Yanick Roberts, 18, and a 17-year-old teen were charged with robbery and forcible confinement.

This is really kinda scary, my two boys work here, I heard it may have been staged (the manager on duty supposedly set this up, he denies this and hasn't been charged as of yet) Yanick, is a current employee and a friend of my oldest son, he seemed to be such a sweet kid! who knows, either way, I would have expected the owner of this restaurant to have contacted the parents of all young employees to assure them that this is something he has under control, better security measures, and definitely better management.

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Map: GTA homicides Crime Stoppers Feb 02, 2009 12:21 PM
    Bob Mitchell
    Staff Reporter

Three young men have been charged in connection with a robbery of a Brampton McDonald's restaurant.

Nobody was injured in the heist on Friday when five employees were rounded up and held in the restaurant's freezer.

Peel Police said employees were cleaning the store on Main St. soon after the restaurant closed at 1 a.m.

Three men entered the restaurant through an unlocked rear door at about 1:07 a.m.

The men threatened the manager at knife point and the other employees were forced into a walk-in refrigerator while the manager was forced to give the bandits cash.

He was then put into the refrigerator with the others.

The accused were arrested at three different Brampton residences yesterday.

Donnell McCreath, 18, Yanick Roberts, 18, and a 17-year-old teen were charged with robbery and forcible confinement.

This is really kinda scary, my two boys work here, I heard it may have been staged (the manager on duty supposedly set this up, he denies this and hasn't been charged as of yet) Yanick, is a current employee and a friend of my oldest son, he seemed to be such a sweet kid! who knows, either way, I would have expected the owner of this restaurant to have contacted the parents of all young employees to assure them that this is something he has under control, better security measures, and definitely better management.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that is really scary. Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do to prevent it. All fast food places I've been to/worked at have had security cams, which really act more as a detterrent than anything else. I'm glad nobody was hurt :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :noway: How scary! Thank God no one was hurt.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I worked at a gas station once in college. Every night, I waited for someone to rob me at gunpoint. This is a scary world. I'm glad your kids were not there when this happened. :flowerforyou: