Subway Sandwich???

Options
2»

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with veggies and vinegar. I've eaten more of these than I can count.
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The Roasted Chicken or BLT is really good. Both are lower in sodium then the other sandwiches. I can always burn the Calories off but not the sodiumn. Copy the link to see the nutrition http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx
  • juhusun
    juhusun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6inch Veggie (no burger) All the veggies, on wheat bread with no sauce and single normal cheese!
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always have them pull the excess bread from the inside of roll as well. I think it's healthier because you get more meat abd veggies and less yeast!
  • MacabreMikolaj
    MacabreMikolaj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Getting a salad with a bit of cheese is a better option. The bread will spike your blood sugar and leave you more hungry and cranky in a couple of hours as opposed to actually getting a salad, getting some fat on it with cheese and dressing. I opt for the over roasted chicken breast in salad form to get more protein and fat and less carbs. It's super tasty and satisfying!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm having Subway for lunch can someone recommend a sandwich for me. The last time I went there my calorie count was ridiculous.
    TIA
    the turkey is great! You can have or leave off the cheese. Have them load it with lots of veggies. use mustard and hold the mayo will eliminate some calories too! Good luck to you!
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the wonderful ideas..In case anyone is wondering I got the chicken teriyaki not too bad on the caloire end since I had a really lght breakfast but I will be trying some of your wonderful ideas. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thats what we are here for...awww.. ;) I have found that most food places have nutrition info on their websites- or that some wonderful calorie counter put one together. The best plan is to look before you go, walk in with a meal already built within your calorie range and do not deviate. You can eat at places like panera, subway etc within range- chipotle not so much- but its all about planning. You can totally do this!
  • alocka01
    alocka01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always get the Roasted Chicken on 9 grain wheat with spinach, tomato, pickles sweet peppers and no cheese. Only 380 Calories.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Most things on their "fit" menu, 6" without cheese or mayo. As much veggies and mustard as you want. You can play with the numbers here: http://www.nutritionix.com/subway/nutrition-calculator

My favorite is the roasted chicken breast on wheat :) It's hot, so I still feel like I had a real meal.

I agree, this is my choice as well and it is super filling. I ask them to warm it instead of toasting it and OMG nom nom!! Sooo good. Always steer clear of the cheese and mayo though. (And the cookies! LOL)