Why not just eat fruits and veggies????

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
I need to vent here because if I do it on Facebook, my friend who I love dearly will see it and be hurt. But she's seriously getting on my NERVES!!!!

She's involved with selling this crap called JuicePlus+. If you read anything about it NOT on the company website, it's basically a bunch of crap. They're pills that supposedly give you the nutrition of a buttload of fruits and veggies (minus, of course, taste or fiber or anything else we may like about fruits and veggies).

Every time anyone posts about having allergies or a headache or any kind of minor or major ailment, she posts, "You need JuicePlus+." She updates her statuses constantly with links and mentions and all sorts of stuff about this. RARELY does she post something that doesn't mention what she's selling.

So, today she posts a photo of a bunch of fruits and veggies and writes, "Are you eating this daily? If not, get JuicePlus+!" (Or something to that effect.) It was all I could do not to post the title of this thread underneath.

I mean, you'd spend less money and have a far more pleasurable experience.

In the last 10 years, I've had maybe three colds that lasted about 2 days each and maybe two or three minor bouts of allergies since I moved South. I get migraines, but eating better and exercising has helped that a TON. But every time I mention any of that, I get a sakes pitch.

GGGRRRRR.

Just a tip to anyone out there selling anything, your friends are annoyed with you if you do the above. It does not make them want to buy anything from you.

Replies

• GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Maybe her account got hacked lol dont click on the link! :p
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sorry your friend is spamming your facebook universe with this. You can mark her status updates as spam. :laugh:
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    That stuff is stupid. I would rather get all the good stuff from eating(!!) the healthy food :)

You should "Hide" her on facebook. That way her posts wont come up on your feed. you would have to go to her profile to see what she posts
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    One of my major pet peeves! Friends using friends by sales pitching to them. Best way to make your friends avoid you! :sick:
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i dump those "friends"
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sorry your friend is spamming your facebook universe with this. You can mark her status updates as spam. :laugh:

Haha!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had a "friend" who really pushed the juiceplus crap as well.
    I don't believe in it - its over processed to start with, and is NOT the equivilant to eating actual fruits and veggies.

My "friend" even tried to push CDs on me to explain how its a cure-all and would change my life.

sorry to say....we're not "friends" anymore.

I think its got to be a pyramid scheme while else push it on people who couldn't care less??
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Pretty efficent way to lose friends is to push the crap that you are selling on them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe her account got hacked lol dont click on the link! :p

No, not hacked. This has been going on for more than a year now and I've gotten e-mails and stuff, too.

I don't want to mark her as spam because I love her to bits. But I needed to vent. lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Multi-level marketing schemes frost my girlie bits. Add spam to the mix and I get downright stabby.

At very least, she should start a FB fan page for her pyramid, and any friend who wants to hear about it can opt in.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Have you tried telling her how annoying she is? I would suggest telling her how much she is bothering everyone.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would ask her to wash it down with some shakeology, but doing both would clearly be like steroids.

wut.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That stuff is stupid. I would rather get all the good stuff from eating(!!) the healthy food :)

You should "Hide" her on facebook. That way her posts wont come up on your feed. you would have to go to her profile to see what she posts

THIS. I had to do this with friends who I love but who I can't STAND to see update constantly about how much "weight they've lost with HCG!" UGHHHH.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that. She tries to sell everyone her health products and supplements. No I don't need a special lotion, no I don't need your special vitamins, no I don't want to buy special organic baby wipes. I've had to start ignoring her calls and texts because she always wants me to go to seminars and start my own business under her. I don't want Scentsy, jewelry or Mary Kay. Some people get out of hand (like the beachbody coaches who want to sell us shakeology or a new workout program).
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    This tends to be the problem with multi-level marketing/network marketing stuff. Totally normal friends turn into pushers.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I would ask her to wash it down with some shakeology, but doing both would clearly be like steroids.

wut.

^ This post is awesome!
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    That would be super annoying. I would hide that friend from my feed so I didn't have to keep reading about it
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Dump her.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have friends like that.. cept they are selling Mary Kay. They want me to have parties with them and when I say Oh No thank you, they all freak out on me for not supporting them.

Block her news feed so you don't see it, or block her posting rights on your page.. that should fix her right up.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Let's see I'm eating some carrots while reading this thread....