Itty rant

Options
Ok didnt know where else to post this....

I've got a bone to pick with Muscle heads in the gym. You know who you are, those who spend 12 hours a day in the gym, perfecting your overinflated bodys....you know those who think they have a body of a god and anyone who even has a little gut is a fat cow.

yea you guys, who made fun of me twice, calling me pregnant and ugly. You call me ugly for wanted to get healthier? you calling me pregnant when all im trying to do is better myself? who are you to judge me?

I dont need you coming to me and trying to give me ''advice'' as to how to lose weight, im doing fine on my own.

next time you want to make fun of my weight....Ill take a needle and pop your man boobs ok?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Some times people's manners amaze me. Bet they were young guys.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Jerks!!! I am a full believer in karma..give them a few years and the shoe will be on the other foot : ) Keep up the good work and stay motivated...then when you hit your goal you will be having the last laugh : )
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    haha Moobs, I would be all over them like a hobo on a hamburger......................and not in a good way.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    oh my god! that's terrible. i'm so sorry that you had to come in contact with RUDE people. and you're right, you ARE doing great on your own! ignore them!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Those "muscleheads" were just 2 individuals that happened to be jerks.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I just laugh at them. Half the time they look so fake and ridiculous...its kinda sad that the only way for them to feel better in their skin is to make fun of people who arent ..''perfect''
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is ballsy. Just remember, you can lose weight, they will always be ignorant jerks!:grumble:
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Too bad you don't have a Planet Fitness near you. For $10/mo. you could totally avoid asshats like that.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    eh, ignore them. They will go away like flies with no food to spit on :)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Wow! To have a bat stuck up their bum every day must be really hard! Just ignore them, you are doing great towards your goal and keep it up!
  • smairi
    smairi Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a yoga teacher with two little kids - so my personal yoga practice, my yoga for me, happens at my local gym.

I have to spread my mat out in between the squat machines, listening to the huge juiceheads grunt and swear.

For the first month, I got alot of comments, mostly about how interesting it would be to sleep with me. I just rode it out.

Then they left me alone. Which was weird.

Now, 3 years in, we are all friends. I swap flexibility stories with the goalie of the local hockey team; they ask me for advice about hamstrings, and I have learned alot about diet and weightlifting from them. I even lift weights now, and it has improved my yoga.

Ride it out. They will get used to you. And they may be able to help you, and you may have advice for them. Think of it like high school and you are still the new chick. Ride it out, rise above, show them who you are!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

i agree with this cause i mean, damn, look at HIS picture :D wait, i mean what? i totally got off track here...how unlike me :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    That's terrible but don't pay them any attention. When you can work out just as hard or harder than them, they won't be able to say a damn thing. Do your thing!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    unfortunately there is at least one at every gym - there are a couple at the gym I go to - one of which grunts like he is giving birth to a 10 pound turd the entire time he is there - I have stopped my workout midstream because it is so annoying and unnecessary.
  • EmmieBaby
    Options
    unfortunately there is at least one at every gym - there are a couple at the gym I go to - one of which grunts like he is giving birth to a 10 pound turd the entire time he is there - I have stopped my workout midstream because it is so annoying and unnecessary.
    yea i've done that too...I mean I am vocal sometimes when I am with my boyfriend and he is pushing me hard (ill just start cursing at him) but not to the point where people will think im hurt or something.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    They are also the jackholes who do not re-rack the weights. This irritates me. Yes, we all need to know that you had 600lbs on the leg lift. Now please remove it. I weigh 135 lbs, am 5'11' and cannot lift the 200 lb weights you so thoughtfully left on the machine.

And...they are also the jerks who must grunt (really, a low-pitched scream) each time they do a rep. (I do not mean those people who really are making an effort. I'm guilty of the occasional grunt myself, but never does it approach the decibel level of a fighter jet.) Yes, the whole 7000 sq. ft. gym needs to hear you doing your curls, and then dropping the weights from five feet in the air so as to pose a safety risk. Otherwise, we won't pay attention to you, and that would really be a crime, wouldn't it? Oh, and wipe off a bench? Not on your life. If we're really "lucky" they'll also not wear underwear and let it all hang out. (Then don't bother to wipe off the bench with the cleaning equipment that's placed within 10' of every single person.)

But, if the mirrors are foggy or dirty, boy they are complaining to management. "I can't see my spray tan and how good it makes my muscles look!" :)
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options

i agree with this cause i mean, damn, look at HIS picture :D wait, i mean what? i totally got off track here...how unlike me :)

...you saw that too?!
  • EmmieBaby
    Options

...you saw that too?!
    see his body is what is nice, lean, well taken care of...not overdone like some guys I see. I want to be hugged without danger of getting my back broken in half
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Bawhahahahahaha!!! Love it.
  • EmmieBaby
    Options
    They are also the jackholes who do not re-rack the weights. This irritates me. Yes, we all need to know that you had 600lbs on the leg lift. Now please remove it. I weigh 135 lbs, am 5'11' and cannot lift the 200 lb weights you so thoughtfully left on the machine.

And...they are also the jerks who must grunt (really, a low-pitched scream) each time they do a rep. (I do not mean those people who really are making an effort. I'm guilty of the occasional grunt myself, but never does it approach the decibel level of a fighter jet.) Yes, the whole 7000 sq. ft. gym needs to hear you doing your curls, and then dropping the weights from five feet in the air so as to pose a safety risk. Otherwise, we won't pay attention to you, and that would really be a crime, wouldn't it? Oh, and wipe off a bench? Not on your life. If we're really "lucky" they'll also not wear underwear and let it all hang out. (Then don't bother to wipe off the bench with the cleaning equipment that's placed within 10' of every single person.)

But, if the mirrors are foggy or dirty, boy they are complaining to management. "I can't see my spray tan and how good it makes my muscles look!" :)
    *likes*