metabolic disorder

Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
This is just FYI for all of you that yo yo and don't want to eat more than 1000 cals a day and then wonder why you don't loose weight or get so hungry and tired that you just binge eventually.

I come from a long line of fatties, my mom, who still doesn't eat right, all of my aunts etc. Well my 42 year old aunt was just diagnosed with metabolic disorder. She was told by her doctor that this can be caused from extreme dieting and extreme weight gain, lack of good real fresh foods and nutrients. His final words to her, after discussing a proper diet and talking to a hospital nutritionist was to get up and get moving everyday for about an hour and loose the weight while eatting right or start planning her funeral.

My aunt is one that was always taking a "miracle pill", using slim fast, diet shakes, protein bars and not learning how to eat right and now here she is at 42 with a grim diagnosis. Is this the wake up call that any of us really need?

We all know what we really need to do, no excuses!

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    This is just FYI for all of you that yo yo and don't want to eat more than 1000 cals a day and then wonder why you don't loose weight or get so hungry and tired that you just binge eventually.

I come from a long line of fatties, my mom, who still doesn't eat right, all of my aunts etc. Well my 42 year old aunt was just diagnosed with metabolic disorder. She was told by her doctor that this can be caused from extreme dieting and extreme weight gain, lack of good real fresh foods and nutrients. His final words to her, after discussing a proper diet and talking to a hospital nutritionist was to get up and get moving everyday for about an hour and loose the weight while eatting right or start planning her funeral.

My aunt is one that was always taking a "miracle pill", using slim fast, diet shakes, protein bars and not learning how to eat right and now here she is at 42 with a grim diagnosis. Is this the wake up call that any of us really need?

We all know what we really need to do, no excuses!