Aqua Aerobics

Options
Just a quick question today, I'm thinking of joining 1 or 2 of the classes at my gym. How do people feel about water aerobics? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Replies

• Lauren882
    Options
    Just a quick question today, I'm thinking of joining 1 or 2 of the classes at my gym. How do people feel about water aerobics? Any thoughts are appreciated!
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    Personally, I love the Aqua fit classes. Your working hard and barely noticing......until later....maybe even the next day. I do water classes when I've nearly exhausted myself with the land classes and the treadmill etc.....

Oh and it burns oodles of calories........

K:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did them a while back ..it is actually one of the best excercises..just my opinion
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Oh I definitely think you SHOULD!:wink::bigsmile: They are some of my most favorite classes.. like marc4 shared...you work hard, you barely know it, you're sweating and in the water so it's such a different feeling than aerobics out of the water:tongue:

You can definitely get your heart rate up doing WA...they are truly a great workout, but it all depends of course as in any class how hard you push yourself!!:drinker: :wink:

Can't wait to hear how you like the classes:tongue:

FC:heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I go on Tuesdays and Thursday and absolutely love it. I love it so much that my eyes pop open at 4:40 AM without the alarm going off to go. I swim laps for 30 minutes first and then do the water aerobics class. We have several different fitness levels in the class and some of the people just stand around and talk while others (like me) want every penny they paid for it out of it and work their butts off. I love my class and sitting in the hot tub afterwards is a added bonus!! :smile:

GO FOR IT!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I go on Tuesdays and Thursday and absolutely love it. I love it so much that my eyes pop open at 4:40 AM without the alarm going off to go. I swim laps for 30 minutes first and then do the water aerobics class. We have several different fitness levels in the class and some of the people just stand around and talk while others (like me) want every penny they paid for it out of it and work their butts off. I love my class and sitting in the hot tub afterwards is a added bonus!! :smile:

GO FOR IT!!!
    totally get what you're saying Amanda!:laugh: I'm not a talker either and yes KUDOS on the hot tub reward:flowerforyou:

• butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love them!! My frustration sometimes is that the folks who do them tend to be...older :) So when I take it up to a 9, they're still at a 4, and the pool sometimes isn't big enough for me to feel I get an intense workout because I have to shift into slower mode so as not to knock anyone down. But I love them- they're always wonderful and sweet (hilarious, too), and they never judge my body in a swimsuit!

It's a super-effective workout if you PUSH yourself....otherwise, you may as well just take a nice swim, for the same effect. Try it- I bet you'll love it!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Butterfliblu, is there maybe more than one class of water aerobics where you go. The 6 AM class that I am in is more active and the 7 AM class seems to be a slower paced class.

FC, I am glad that you totally understood what I meant, I love that class. :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Butterfliblu, is there maybe more than one class of water aerobics where you go. The 6 AM class that I am in is more active and the 7 AM class seems to be a slower paced class.

FC, I am glad that you totally understood what I meant, I love that class. :heart:

I was thinking the very same thing Amanda on trying out various classes. I too find the 6am one to be a higher intensity and then as the day goes on a different crowd rolls in and the classes seem to change up a bit. All of course depends upon the type of instructor too I think. The evening & afternoon classes then bounce right back into high intensity again...:drinker:

Amanda...I soooooo know what you mean, it's tough being next to a couple of folks chatting away and barely moving...UGH I do enjoy all the folks in the class but I am there while the class is going to WORK MY BUTT OFF!!:bigsmile: I socialize later in the hottub or sauna where it's then down time:drinker: :happy:

But everyone is different I suppose and some haven't learned class etiquette just like I didn't when I first joined up a year or two back. :tongue:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Amanda you've inspired me!! I'm grabbin my gym bag to snag a water class that starts in 20 minutes!! Tee Hee Hee

I :heart: my water classes too!:bigsmile:

Thanks for the inspiration Girl:flowerforyou: :heart:

• AmandaJ
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS, i inspired fitness chick!

Enoy your class!